Flipsky ESC's - Community Poll July 19

Following on from the poll 10 months ago (https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/poll-flipsky-information-in-one-place/68940), back then it was all new and tentative, they are a bit more established now and I think it would be good to see how Flipsky are doing on the ESC front in general, if you know people on builders who have used them please encourage them to come over here and vote.

Participate if you have purchased and used a Flipsky ESC from the current iterations. No conjecture please.

I’ll group them but please put your comments below if you vote and let us know which version you were using for positive or negative responses. Lets share our knowledge and find out what’s going on.

The 6.6 variants:

• Dual FSESC6.6 Plus(Pro swtich)
  • Big Size Dual FSESC6.6
  • Mini Size Dual FSESC6.6
  • FSESC6.6 Single
  • Working well on FOC
  • Working well on BLDC
  • Button/antispark failure (if applicable)
  • DOA or Early Failure
  • Failure after many miles
  • Customer Services issues

0 voters

4.xx variants

• Dual FSESC4.20 Plus(Pro Switch)
  • Dual FSESC4.20 100A
  • FSESC 4.12 50A
  • FSESC4.20 50A
  • Working well on FOC
  • Working well on BLDC
  • DOA or Early Failure

0 voters

The big boy

• High Current FSESC 200A 60V
  • Working well on FOC
  • Working well on BLDC
  • DOA or Early Failure

0 voters

3 Likes

Using Flipsky dual4.2 50A. Just using mmaner’s recommendation and it works great

6 Likes

@mmaner Mike, could you chuck those settings up here for people who come in please?

2 Likes

It would be nice if a mod can make it a sticky for a few days @BillGordon?

2 x 4.12 @ 20a battery max / 60a motor max each in 10s FOC

worked perfectly on my trampa for over a 1000 km and now on my cavons performing fine albeit < 50km

3 Likes

Using a single 6.6 for over 200 kilometers now. No issues so far.

2 Likes

Model: 6.6 dual pro
Only problem so far has been push-button switch easily unlatching. Was able to get it to unlatch just by flicking body with my finger. Decided to hardwire and use loopkey only. As far as performance goes I have had no issue thus far using sealed maytech 6374 HA-C 220kv motors on 11s battery. Only about 30miles of spirited riding so far.

For FlipSky Dual FSESC4.20 100A I use the following settings successfully, many 100s of miles and still works fine. I don’t like that FOC still causes issues with higher motor amps, but for the price it’s difficult to complain.

Motor Current Max : 30A
Motor Current Max Brake : -30a
Battery Current Max : 50A
Battery Current Max Regen : -40A
Absolute Maximum Current : 120A

For FlipSky Dual FSESC4.20 Plus I use the following settings successfully, even more miles and no issues at all. I actually have 2 of these, 1 I got for testing and the other I purchased.

Motor Current Max : 50A
Motor Current Max Brake : -50a
Battery Current Max : 50A
Battery Current Max Regen : -30A

If given the choice, and there isn’t always one because of stock, go with the plus version. FOC is perfect even with 50/-50. For those worried about AS switch failures…almost all AS switches fail open, so if the built-in switch fails, your VESC’s will most likely still be fine.

9 Likes

I’ve used the dual 4.20, 6.6 and 6.6 plus.

Couldn’t get the 4.20 to detect FOC but it worked great in bldc

6.6 was solid and beefy. Ran foc on the same motors I used on the 4.20 without a problem.

6.6 plus, I’ve only gotten to ride it once. so far It feels the same as the original 6.6 with a smaller footprint.

Pretty happy that I haven’t ran into issues thus far.

Settings I run on my flipsky 6.6’s are
(Per Vesc)(12s5p, 6374 motors)
Motor Current Max : 75A
Motor Current Max Brake : -60a
Battery Current Max : 45 or 50A
Battery Current Max Regen : -20A

I also have a broken sensor on one motor so I’m running one foc, and one in bldc. Starts from standstill without cogging.

3 Likes

Are those number per esc, or the total for the dual?

6.6 on 10s BLDC. Solid.

Been using the Flipsky 4.20 Plus (newer ones with updated capacitors) for around 200ish KMs on settings below:

Motor max : 40
Motor min : -40
Batt max : 22
Batt min : 15

Never had any cut off issues so far :+1:

1 Like

That’s per vesc

3 Likes

Does those settings work for both, FOC and BLDC?

On the plus it does

1 Like

FSESC 6.6 dual plus in sensorless FOC, 10s dual hubs
motor 20/20
battery 15/10

1 Like

Fsesc dual 6.6 regular
9 months in 12s foc 100a motor max and not so much as a single hiccup

Fsesc 6.6 single
1 doa
2 worked fine in 10s foc 50a motor max for 2 months

Fsesc 4.20 dual with antispark
Working great for 2 months on 8s foc 40a motor max

I’ve been running the dual 6.6 regular since the day it came out, aside from the winter. Ran it in 12s for a few months, in 10s now. No issues with it in FOC. Have not tried BLDC.

Very interesting. I’ve never dared go above -20 regen. Are you using li ion or lipo? I definitely wouldn’t mind bumping my regen up for more brakes. I’m using a 12s5p 21700’s (efest purple 3700mah cells).

li-ion, you can go higher on regen getting more powerful brakes.

1 Like