New esc? Best options?

Who is making the best escs available to purchase currently?

3 Likes

Hard times my dude.

Neo yet unproven
All focbox variants out of production
Stormcore a distant dream
Escape gone
Flipsky mostly piles of shit
Maytech random issues and old tech
MakerX sort of maybe ok perhaps

Right at this second I would fork out for a Trampa VESC 6 because none of the above tickle my fancy. Luckily I have bags and bags of unity’s so don’t need to make the hard choices.

19 Likes

Ill gonna hop in here and say that “best” is a really vague parameter, and is different for everyone/every build. Could you clarify your question/what parameters you are looking for?

If by “best” you mean “best quality/least likely to make me eat street” then I would say the Trampa VESC6 MK3 is the “best available” option.

For what budget?

1 Like

i would say the flipsky 6.6 dual BIG version is alright for heavy builds. many members on this forum incl myself have used it for a long time with no problems.

otherwise the maker x 4.2 dual is also a good option but i wouldn’t do more than 30a per side on those.

2 Likes

Failure rate of around 20% from our community poll. If those are acceptable figures then that’s ok I suppose.

The other side to flipsky is how they just outright steal our community projects, produce them sub standard and sell them at a 400% markup, nice :+1:

10 Likes

Fuck flipsky. Ive been testing the neo and have had zero problems with it.

7 Likes

Just a longshot stab in the dark. But if you decide to lighten those bags, for the sake of avoiding back injuries, I can certainly help you out. :joy:
Just kidding!
But seriously, I really need one of those for my 12s build. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

I think we have proven we have reliable product.

8 Likes

Neo’s been solid so far, MakerX is trash for children’s toys.

4 Likes

and only 10 days till shipments of production run #1, is that correct, @jeffwuneo ?

2 Likes

We start production already, I need to check when can be finish. We plan to finish before end of month.

4 Likes

How much weeks people ride neoboxes now? I think it’s a bit early to make a final decision on there performance.

2 Likes

About three weeks and a few folks all but trying to kill them they are after all built on the FOCBOX design, true issues are more likely to turn up long term but initial tests is good.

2 Likes

Stormcore will not be available for public?

If I remember reading the thread correctly it will be… in due time. After it has gone through initial testing, more testing, more testing and probably more testing.

Then i believe it’ll be avail to the public.

Again this I what I believe I read I could be wrong.

1 Like

Why not? The 100d might not be but the 60d is ok for us plebs

2 Likes

It’s not criticism Jeff, it’s reality. There have been issues yes and its first batch. Quality is proven over time and many users. I desperately want them to be good but I’ve been let down lots of times.

3 Likes

@Brenternet We not have any issues with testers. No hardware problems.

2 Likes

Jeff please don’t take it as an attack against you or your product.
As the guys said it is too early.
The Unity had been out for months before the first problems started to appear both hardware and software.
In your case the Neoboxes are compatible with the standard vesc tool so only hardware applies.
Some of us just feel a little more testing is required before endorsing a product.

3 Likes