Are flipsky escs any good

Agreed :stuck_out_tongue:

Some are dead, some are lè tired, some are stupid.

1 Like

You don’t like loopkeys?

I wanted to go with the as150 for my vanguard, but I’ve already had the xt90 hole cut and the xt90 surrounded by jbweld… It ain’t changing.

1 Like

yeh actually it was twice now but i had similar issues with the flipsky fescs

I mean, I do. I have a bin just for as150s and xt90s. I have a unicorn loopkey that is a secret treasure.

But “we” have also put a man on the moon and close to some outlandish post human stuff with CRISPR and it’s fancy derivatives.

Me, a modern human, I just want an on button.

5 Likes

I hadn’t a blown vesc yet. Yeah, it’s flipshit, but it is working anyway.

3 Likes

The singles may very well be good.

4 Likes

Fuck flipsky

6 Likes

My unit died within first 2 hours testing unloaded. I will not argue about quality. The best company in the world can make a few faulty units. It’s their customer service what pisses me off. They are plain despicable. Fuck flipsky.

8 Likes

The lack of customer service is part of what makes the price low. You get exactly what you pay for.

6 Likes

Certified Hot Fuckin Garbage in my book.

I’ve had flipsky shit cause fires inside my board.

Their QC is ass and looking at their ESC design choices, so are their engineering skills. Ass.

Edit: fight me Flipskybro

2 Likes

Check my post history. At least half of it is complaining about Flipsky

4 Likes

@Arzamenable I have to commend you for your bravery lately with all these against the grain opinions. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

“Flipsky is wonderful”

“Dave is a-okay at his job”

So brave.

6 Likes

Thread makes me want to upgrade to a unity asap, but we will see how my flispky holds up. Only rode it 1/2 times, 7-8 miles total, didn’t die. Seems like they die early on for most for whatever reason. Not sure if 7-8 miles passes the 50/50 test.

1 Like

nein.

4 Likes

It’ll work till it doesn’t, might as well buy a helmet and a back up ESC for when it takes a dookie

1 Like

Yeah I just bought a full face, proably just gonna see if I can get some extra money and buy a unity from amazon before they run out of stock for when it happens.

1 Like

I’ve passed over 200km on flipsky 6.6 with 80A max settings. It dies only when water get inside enclosure. Resolder drv and 2 mosfets, and it’s alive again. Before use, I put more solder on power traces. No one manufacturer will do it - too expensive.

3 Likes

My Flipsky FSESC 6.6 plus slays it. In my experience all of my products from Flipsky (remote, ESC, motors) have been great quality.

Lot’s of great things are being said by others as well about the 6.6 plus. The amount of continuous current it can handle is insane. I recommend it highly for premium-end builds.

I think a lot of people talk shit about “chinese parts” without realize that ultimately most companies are sourcing/manufacturing in/from china in one way or another, whether it be sourcing the raw sub-components or even entire completed parts and just added their branding. China doesn’t automatically mean shit anymore. If you go to alibaba you can find the factory source for many motor/esc companies - they offer custom laser engraving as well :wink:. I would be curious to see where other companies are manufacturing their silicon/batteries/motors, but I have a feeling I know the answer:

tenor

2 Likes

Yeah the vx1 is nice, though the battery life is shite, from what I researched awhile ago people said the motors were bad before but got a bit better, same as escs, still kinda eh but better, but still not as good as focboxes/unity