Are flipsky escs any good

I shit on Chinesium parts and doodoo engineering

A prime example of me not shitting on all creators /manufacturers from China is @ jeffwuneo, i think his work is amazing, and I consider myself stupid lucky to get 2 of the 8 v6 neos.

Another example for many would be Maytech. They make great motors and ok VESC clones :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

IKR… used to always as you know from the secret treasure I gifted that you now poses so been thinking of going back. Anything non-unity I build I will until a better options comes on the market I think honestly*. You know I’m a cosmetics guy which is the only reason I haven’t. It’s just not as pretty… thanks again for the hospitality over the weekend homie. Do it again soon but better time management will be in play on my part so we can get done what we had planned too :rofl:

PS - BMS’s got ordered this morning for us.

1 Like

Noob Q, Has anyone tried dropping the heatsink out the bottom of the enclosure? I’m trying the Commando option on my first DIY. Does the community think overheating might be a culprit? My guess is that the heat sink isn’t much good when it is all closed up.

Yes I bought a single 6.6 from FS. I enjoy learning lessons the hard way.

I have not had a problem with overheating. Its certainly not as effective as dropping the heatsink out of the bottom, but having one is still doing much good for the electronics.

1 Like

Heatsink outside the enclosure. Max temp of heatsink about 50C degrees.

2 Likes

this looks like a flipsky stab at the unity

pretty expensive tho, considering we have the xenith v2 available, wondering if anyone has used any flipsky controllers as of late, has their quality improved?

2 Likes