3D printables for esk8

im the same but looking for stl of trampa Phatladz :crazy_face:
printing in T910 :nerd_face:

1 Like

I printed hubs for my old hub drive in abs and it worked well. Probably abs.

Finally done. Just printing the final now with extended forks. The bearing seat might be a bit deep but you can edit this. Oherwise fittment is awesome forks could be slightly wider. Printing with Prusa I3 mk2S Priline Carbon 255c nozzle 80c bed.

Also I didnā€™t add the teeth to the adapter like the tb does on the motor side of the adapter I might still add this so it doesnā€™t stress the screws as much.

Torqueboards Direct Drive Glow Wheel Adapter.stl (202.2 KB)

Hereā€™s v2 wih the motor side prongs they needed a bit of tapping with a rubber hammer to get in or some filing. I think we are done here. Printed with 4 perimeters and build plate only supports.

Torqueboards Direct Drive Glow Wheel Adapter 2.stl (546.0 KB)

8 Likes

How do you like this stuff? Have you tried it for pulleys or DD adapters before?

Great stuff saves paying Ā£60 per adapter Although I have the pneumatic and kegel one for the TB DD already.

1 Like

If you get a good print you canā€™t snap it by hand it at all but itā€™s stressful for the printer. 100% confident in my adapters not snapping, skatan

@SJReason yeah its meant for the glowwheels wih shallow cores specifically but you can modify that tinkercad link to easily extend it.

2 Likes

@jindra Have u got a kink for the glow wheels I havenā€™t seen these before and they sound cool lol

1 Like

I may have a slight kink for them but heres a link :joy:

3 Likes

:joy: haha they look gnarly man. Not sure u would have much clearance tho with tv direct drives they are like 70mm or more

1 Like

Lol no itā€™s not much with 97mm, I donā€™t have too many issues with scraping, but iā€™ve only ridden 110

1 Like

Yh I mean my area is super uneven so Iā€™m running the pneumatics on it but got 130s also. I donā€™t think I could go under 110 where I am lol

1 Like

Yeah these arenā€™t wheels for any serious riding unless you live in concrete paradise also judging by how hard they are. Iā€™ve always ridden regular skate wheels so I donā€™t really mind any of it, just canā€™t keep control going fast.

1 Like

Yh i like my soft wheels so may be a no form name.

1 Like

100% confident in my adapters not snapping, skatan

8 Likes

Guess they didnā€™t hold up :sweat_smile: how long did they last

2 Likes

@moddedlife Hello, as promised here are some enclosure files for everyone to use. These are the SLT and STEP files for the ESC and top mount battery box.

166462413_445112960044359_4992793487367071579_n (1) 167132321_1957273707757309_4297807679564976514_n (1)

Battery_Box_Base_Final_20210406.stl (119.4 KB) Battery_Box_Base_Final_STEP_20210406.step (107.4 KB) Battery_Box_Case_Final_20210406.stl (2.4 MB) Battery Box_Lid or Base.stl (152.2 KB) Vesc_Box_Base_Final_20210406.stl (95.2 KB) Vesc_Box_Base_Final_STEP_20210406.step (77.8 KB) VESC_Case.stl (1.5 MB) VESC_Lid or Base.stl (118.6 KB)

18 Likes

Sorry didnt see this before, like 2 hours before the forks snap.

Ive printed them 90 degrees the other day with supports, but with the hanger bending issue Iā€™ve been reluctant to put harder smaller wheels on. When its warmer I will test them again at night. They look a lot worse printed sideways which is why I avoided it :joy:. Some tuning would probably sort the quality, but they work reasonably well that I can do some testing again soon.

They may need some redesign with tapered edges somewhere if this doesnā€™t work.

The bearing support/spacer does come out a lot nicer though:

3 Likes

Made some very basic bumpers for the Boardnamics XL/Matrix II gen 2 motor mount. Mounts onto the mount with two 8-32x1/4" screws where the crossbar holes are, although Iā€™ve included the STEP file if you want to customize it for different screws. Uses roughly 7g of plastic each, no supports required.

4 Likes

Iā€™m having a hell of a time trying to pry off a motor can and I swear I recalled @Lee_Wright used to sell a 3d printed ā€˜motor can removerā€™ type tool but I no longer see this available on his site. I know I could probably mock one up real quick to get the job done, just curios if anyone had any designs theyā€™d be willing to share

1 Like

I use 3d printer spools because Iā€™m lazy. You have any of those?

6 Likes