ZBoard Nano [Building Stage] | 121c Orbiter | BN184 - M1 GD - BN6384 - Adjustable Baseplates | 12s1p P42A | TB110s |

I’ve been spending too much time building batteries and worrying about school, so I think it’s time to start a new build :ok_hand:

General Goal:

Portable commuter for getting me around for when I go to college. Pittsburgh doesn’t have the smoothest roads and sidewalks so I knew I wanted to go full @b264 style with monster truck wheels.

Quantitative Goals :

Weight: <15lbs
Range: 5-8 miles (Swappable Battery?)
Top Speed: 22mph
Deck: <30 inches, needs a kicktail

While searching the forum for similar builds, I stumbled upon the Kushboard Nano which I instantly fell in love with. The 121c Orbiter was the perfect size and looks amazing. So I went with that as the base and started picking out parts. I picked the name ZBoard since that’s what my friends have named my trampa, and I added the Nano on there to credit the Kushboard Nano.

Here is what I chose so far:

Deck: 121c Orbiter
Trucks: BN184
Baseplates: BN Adjustable - for customizability and extra height
Bushings: I’ll need some help from @RipTideSports
Drive: BN M1 - Trading some extra weight for increased reliability.
Motor: BN6384 - Waterproofed sensors or maybe HFI?
Wheels: TB110s
Risers: Custom - Planning on integrating some LEDs.
ESC: TB6 with no USB port :joy:
Battery: 12s1p P42A
AS: Flipsky Smart Enhanced (Might just use roll to start and auto off, no button)
Remote: VX1 - since I have a few already
Enclosure: Custom - I like what Linford did with the nylon printed enclosure so I’m going to make something similarly low profile.

Some quick estimations should put this right at 15lbs. If it’s a little more that’s no big deal. :grin:

I think that’s all, I might be forgetting some things and some things might not be compatible, so feel free to let me know. This is the planning stage after all :+1:

14 Likes

Placeholder #1

1 Like

Placeholder #2

Placeholder #3

Placeholder #4

11 Likes

So the Hoyt 5”s would be something like 3lbs or more less weight all together than the TB110’s… no plans on considering them?

4 Likes

I’d like to stick to thane since I already have the 110s and want to use the BN gear drives. Good idea though :+1:

2 Likes

I have a tb6 ESC with no USB port :eyes:

2 Likes

Would you trade? :grin:

or would you do it for that float pack? :thinking:

I’ll give it to u for credit towards the float pack. How does 75$ of credit sound? I got a Bt module I can give ya for an extra 10

1 Like

Sounds good :+1:

If it’s NRF51 then yes

2 Likes

Yep it is. Flipsky bt module

1 Like

Pumped to see an orbiter build! Don’t let me down :eyes:

3 Likes

Boardnamics parts are in! (for the most part)

6 Likes

That’s such a beefy motor for such a little board

3 Likes

Yeah I’m goin for lots of motor amps, especially running those 110s. There’s a 63100 and TB6 on the go kart and the motor is definitely the bottleneck.

2 Likes

Another update, just accumulating parts until I have enough time to start the build

Got the orbiter:

4 Likes

Just if you didn’t know, you may need a special drill bit to drill thru well for the enclosure mounting

1 Like

I already got some solid carbide bits for it :ok_hand:

Made some initial progress today, @Linny recommended I move the rear truck back an inch or two so I just lined it up with the old rear bolts and drilled two new holes.

Got the leaf blower blowing the carbon dust away while I was wearing a respirator. Used Milwaukee carbide bits with a 3D printed jig to line it up just right and prevent the bit from walking.

Printed out a spacer that matched the height between the trucks because of the split angles and the curved shape of the kick tail.

Threw the trucks and wheels on and it felt great!

Thanks @RipTideSports for the bushing and angle recommendations, just pushed this board around for a little while and it’s just what I wanted!

13 Likes