Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

Both 50° and nothing that affects baseplate angles, but the deck is on the flexier side, not sure if that’ll affect things though.

OK 50 degree trucks turn a lot without much lean so I would suggest going with a plush setup that uses larger than standard bushings close to the same duro as stock. For you I would suggest a Barrel / FatCone front and a Barrel Chubby rear in KranK 90a. We can do a mixed pair of a Chubby and a FatCone if you don’t want to order 3 pair of bushings to make the configuration suggested. I also suggest replacing the stock pivot cups with our Caliber II 96a pivots

3 Likes

Sounds good, I was planning on getting the pivot cups anyways.

How would I go about asking for a mixed pair when I order from the site?

Also would the fatcone be roadside or boardside?

FatCones are normally used boardside and just leave us a note below the shipping options that you are ordering a pair of FatCones but you would like a mixed pair of a FatCone / Chubby shipped.

@RipTideSports I’m getting ready to order bushing, do you have any recommendations for this config?

OK, you have Trucks: BN184 that are adjustable, what angles will you be setting them up at?

2 Likes

Honestly I have no idea. I’ve never had adjustable baseplates before and don’t have much experience outside of channel trucks.

OK, what range of adjustment do you have to work with an what are you building the board to do?

1 Like

You get to pick from 0/15/30/40/50/60 degrees and they ride a bit tall

1 Like

Type of riding?

1 Like

Looks like rough sidewalks around 20 mph, and he’s not a heavy kid

1 Like

Weight is important so please provide

155-160lbs

OK at 160 pounds, sidewalk riding I would suggest setting the board up with a 50 degree front and 30 degree rear with KranK 87a Cones up front and KranK 87a Barrels in back. Have Small Cup Washers for the cones, Large Cup Washers for the barrels and Small Flat Washers for both the cones and barrels available for additional tuning options.

2 Likes

Thank you :+1: I’ll be placing the order soon.

Also one more question, will the black cup washers you sell rust when exposed to water/road salt?

I think their corrosion resistance is less than the silver treatment and we don’t always have the black in stock.

1 Like

On in less than an hour: Racers Republic - PEVs Events in France - 30th Jan. 2022 / 8pm Paris Time #LiveStreamingTalk #121 - YouTube

Whats the idea around the kapton? to keep the pivot lasting longer due to the extreme tensile strength?

1 Like

Oh, no it’s long beyond being fixable that just made a lot of the slop go away. They are in an application with 0 importance on steering slop.

Speaking of bushing and stuff with slop I got these $10 truck sets with strangely oversized 8.4mm Id barrel bushings also the truck baseplate had 5.5mm holes…