Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

@RipTideSports The drawing above is missing the x-axis position for the 4.5MM hole, can you share an updated drawing?

It is to be used as a transfer template. Cut, out, rubber cement to the bushing and drill. Best to use a small drill to get through the bushing than the larger finish size through the pilot holes. 9.1mm is the position, revised pdf is here.
Lacroix bushing 031319 FLEX MOD rev b.pdf (17.2 KB)

2 Likes

Hi Brad, any chance you sell these hypertruck bushing? The shipping from Canada is almost the price of a full set of bushing from them!!!

1 Like

Yes, we can barely keep up with Lacroix’s requirements so we are reworking how we make these to make the process easier and faster. Hopefully by the end of the year.

1 Like

Lacroix drill guide.STEP (40.0 KB)

3 Likes

Nice drill fixture

1 Like

Interesting read from a friend of mine: http://www.peterverdone.com/the-roll-center/?fbclid=IwAR1pKVpLKeq4fRBEROjhIhisd80HNvLcdXFujonWZstiay3zdqvXUpWQ9IQ

8 Likes

I followed your advice, and then put a fatcone roadside rear as well for additional progression and changed the kingpins from full tight to full loose. The center feels nearly the same, but the bushings catch me in those last 3 degrees of lean before motor bite, thanks! Wobble stability is better now too.

1 Like

I am riding exway atlas, trist dkp trucks.

1 Like

@RipTideSports Im looking for a bushing upgrade for my 4wd meepo.

Pictures

1. Meepo v3 shredder hub motor trucks (50 degrees). The outside of the wheels are 280mm apart.
    They came with cylindrical 25mm x 19mm 100a bushings. No washer boardside. Cupped washer roadside.

2. /

3. The current bushings just don’t feel that great. I played around with different washers and tightness but even tough they are 100a they still are not very stable in the middle.
    I want high rebound that stays centered and is stable at speed up to 60km/h

4. I like to ride straight with fast acceleration and breaking. I don’t care that much about turning circle and carving.

5. Im using a landyachtz switchblade 40". The trucks are mounted drop through with 100mm sleeves and maybe 105mm sleeves in the future so the wheels are somewhat close to the deck but no wheel bite so far.

6. 65kg

Since the old bushings are 25mm x 19mm does that mean I need tall canon? I cant even find tall canon bushings anywhere ^^

Changing from 19mm to 15mm high bushings would decrease truck angle that would be good for stability but im not sure if its okay when the bushing is not perfectly parallel.

What bushings would you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

@Venom121212 @Flasher did any of you replace the pivot on your old mbs ats trucks?

The bushings?

Mine were secret Santa gifts. Ben had changed them for riptide bushings

Nah but the pivot nub was what snapped on my ats trucks.

2 Likes

Oh haha right. forgot about that.
My trucks are on a Freeboard so not worrying about much.

Oh I wanted to ask what people thought the best material to stuff into a pivot cup with a hole in it but I figured out the best answer was wax…

Kapton tape around the outside, shaved parafin wax inside

2 Likes

Excuse me if we have covered this but I do not seem to have any data on the Tryst DKP, can you provide bushing heights?

This is a bit longer than most of the posts here. I run a pretty all over the place setup. Front end, boardside, orange orang cone, street, white krank cone.
Back end, orange orang barrel boardside, dark purple i think venom barrel streetside. The dark purple is the only hard one in the set. The back truck is also inverted, and almost zeroed. Steers kind of like a car. Specifically, like an acura nsx. Anyways, on my current build, im moving to apex air in the front, with the back end somewhat tbd, but gonna run tbdd for now. I love how my current board rides, very loose and snappy. Without a pivot cup existing on the airs, what would you think would be a good way to make the airs have a snappier return to center, without sacrificing the nice loose turns that i run soft bushings for? Im likely using my same almost zeroed, almost immoveable, inverted turning setup on whatever ends up in the back, i love how it feels to drift my back foot.

50 degree truck are designed to turn, not go straight fast. In addition they have low leverage over the bushings so I am surprised that 100a bushings to not feel at tight as hell. Our Tall series are 19mm tall so I would go with that series. Are both bushings in the truck 19m tall? Also, what do you mean by “The trucks are mounted drop through with 100mm sleeves”?

1 Like

Can’t get much nastier than that…

1 Like

I have seen that happen several times

I would tap @Lee_Wright for Apex setups, I have not ridden a set yet. @DEEIF how are your setup?

3 Likes