Whooshboards motor mounts, truck, pulleys +++

9 Likes

Ooo i thought i reply on this thread :rofl:. :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

4 Likes

Are your flywheel pulleys compatible with clone cores? I don’t see them mentioned anywhere in the thread or on the webshop.

Wanted to give some belt length measurements for people choosing these new mounts. With dual idlers:

15T : 36T – 295mm belt is best, 290mm could also work
15T : 40T – 305mm belt is best, 310 could also work

Based on these 2 measurements, I believe that for

15 : 42T – 315mm belt should be best, 310 could also work
15 : 44T – 320mm belt should be best

5 Likes

Yes, they fit the clone cores the best. Very tight fit on original cores.

2 Likes

Are you talking replacement of the axle itself or something like screw on hanger/axle extenders?

A search of the old forum tells me that the axle is cast in place and not likely to be replaced, so now I’m a bit curious.

edit: /threadjack

Nah, like this

especially this

and this

2 Likes

I’ll just say: I’m really glad there are more and better options nowadays :sweat_smile:

That’s the worst case scenario PITA, including the scenario where I was envisioning trying to push out the whole axle with a pile of punches and an arbor press.

ok, really now, I promise [/threadjack]

1 Like

End of season sale is live on the webshop now! :wink:

4 Likes

@Lobap based on my measurements here, for 14:36 with dual idlers you probably want 290mm

1 Like

This mounts are probably not long enough for something like 18:66?

Just put the motors in front of the front wheels.

3 Likes

What if they are in front of the rear wheels, will they still get hit? Is that what they did on the first boosted prototype sort of? Edit: no, they let the motor take the strain and had pulley on other side:

Yes, but not as much as if they’re behind them.

I never saw any Boosted prototype with the motors in front of the front wheels.

This is the only one I know about
boosted-prototype-drivetrain-profile

Here is a better view of the boosted proto, maybe there is another solution combining all of these ideas, for a narrow truck drivetrain:

2 Likes

@Mikaelj . Yo, I ordered your motor mount set on May 28. I live in the US, any way I can get a tracking number? How long do you think it will take to come. Thanks

has anyone ordered from the US? How long does shipping take?

Hi, I replied to the email :relaxed: Hope you have received it now

2 Likes

Yes. Thanks for your great service, but even better product! Been riding with the dual motor mount setup and it has been great. 5/5

1 Like

Thanks :blush::+1: Great to hear that you are satisfied with the mounts