Who wants bigger urethane wheels?

until someone start dropping curbs with them :joy:

iā€™d say using a 28mm bearing seat would work great, since
6001 bearing is 12ID28OD (8mmW)
and
638 bearing is 8ID28OD (9mmW)

but 10mm axle u donā€™t have much choice except have the bearing seat at 26 or 30mm (exclude 22mm because its shit)

yes, 6001 is 28x12x8

1 Like

So with a 28mm OD, you can find bearings that will fit 12, 10 and 8mm axles. Thatā€™s pretty good!

2 Likes

For 8mm, another option would be to use a spacer and put in a typical 22mm bearing.

YES

1 Like

I think @RipTideSports was working on something similar in this thread, but an affordable variant for the rest of us mere mortals was a way off iirc:

3 Likes

Not sure if you still need more Yessses, but YES PLEASE!

1 Like

130 x 8 cp and fit 10mm and are more squishy/comfy than normal thanes. I will buy.

I donā€™t think there is 10ID28OD bearing

Infinityhub tried that method, some people are having tolerances issue iirc

1 Like

There is, 16100 is 28OD10ID

https://www.skf.com/de/products/rolling-bearings/ball-bearings/deep-groove-ball-bearings/productid-16100

All Tanuki Wheels use a 28OD8W spacing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

just do standard 8mm axle bearings. We are so niche compared to the rest of the skate industry that if you donā€™t do this and also sell these wheels to non-esk8 builders you may not have enough viability.

6 Likes

Been using InfinitiHubs since they came out and no tolerance issues here, at least nowhere near as bad as evolve hubs.

1 Like

sweet, then 28 bearing seat is the best dia to do @fujio001

4 Likes

Definitely in! 28mm bearing seat. Pulleys for them would be no problem.

4 Likes

We thinking MBS or Trampa hole pattern? I would assume we are sticking with 5 bolts

Wait that might not leave much thickness in the urethane, maybe Berg or Hoyt pattern? Only 3 bolts kinda worries me though since itā€™s a plastic core

1 Like

Make use with retaining ring to get even pressure

Not sure if bergs pattern is still popular, but we can adopt the hoyt pattern since itā€™s a newer design?

2 Likes

Hoyt 5" is another pentagon pattern, I think that might be the move

2 Likes

then someone is gonna use hoyt rim on jump drive if it hasnā€™t happen already :joy:

1 Like

For ungodly levels of torque? You know you can fit 72T pullies on 125mm wheels right :grin:

1 Like

My vote would be a press fit type like kegal or abec, ish. With a bearing in the pulley. Could also use BN m1 streets.

6 Likes

72T pulleys are 113.4mm outside diameter. Belt would be 3mm from the ground, lol

1 Like