Who wants bigger urethane wheels?

As long as they are comfy. Like, really comfy. :smiley:

Yes please

Absolutely essential ā€¦ where we can slam 500A motor current and not twist the core out of the wheel ā€¦ like with a raceway that grips the polyurethane with more than just adhesive alone. Like the ABEC11 cores have, except monster. Also round holes to interface pulleys (like kegel), not weird flattened U shapes.

Yes, agree 100%

3 Likes

Donā€™t neglect contact patch width, this is as important, or more important, than diameter.

4 Likes

Can we get 80mm wide 125mm thanes with removable cusion inserts?

1 Like

Just bolt 2 Gummies side by side, get that 100mm CP :joy:

2 Likes

would kill for 120mm x 80mm side or offset thane with kegel hole patterns. please do this.

16 Likes

Not everyone gets sponsored by trampa

1 Like

If this existed I wouldnā€™t run pneumies on street ever again.

3 Likes

I feel like that size and contact patch would be it for me too, I donā€™t think cheese grater street would be much of an issue anymore.

3 Likes

Bro I wish, Iā€™m trying to get rid of all the Trampa junk I have :joy:

Iā€™m thinking for road riding, 8mm is enough for most. What do you guys think? Better to optimize the wheel to work with 10mm axles or stick with 8mm axles?

2 Likes

I think this is doable. That could have some serious grip!

Iā€™d argue 10mm, most trucks wide enough to accept large wheels without bite would be 10mm, rather than 8mm. Plus you can always shim down, but you canā€™t size up.

If you could do 12mm that would be even better, thereā€™s a pretty sizeable population of channel truck runners who want to run thane (can you imagine Lonestar battery but with thane efficiency?), and the current solution of 12x22mm bearings really doesnā€™t work out. And again you can always shim a thinner axle or smaller bearing.

6 Likes

The TB130 actually make cheese grater streets melt. I feel like it should be at least 125mm or more.

But wide af is super important

8 Likes

The catch is 10mm bearings for 22mm seats will wear far faster than their 8mm counterparts, and the 28mm seat excludes the Kegel hole pattern

4 Likes

Wtf does this exist? I thought this was a joke.

Is there a 28x12x8mm bearing?

125mm or more could be possible. Would have to take great efforts to avoid making them too heavy.

1 Like

I think it never got past the prototype phase.

1 Like

Dang so the kegel hole pattern doesnā€™t work with 28 mm bearings?