Who wants bigger urethane wheels?

Hey guys,

Do you think riders would be interested in a giant MAD wheel around 120-125mm? Something with a larger plastic core to reduce weight and maybe 10mm wider than the current offering. Lots of holes for shock absorption and weight reduction too.

I know lots of people have moved to pneumatics but I also know some people that still like the 120mm Cloudwheels. What are your guys thoughts?

27 Likes

Yes I think many people would like wheels like that. As far as I’m aware there’s no real fill for that niche apart from tramp gummies or those leanboard wheels. Both of which aren’t ideal.

Like what you talk about but IDK about any holes. My opinion.

4 Likes

I would be down. If it’s a good quality big thane, with a. Core that won’t delaminate… SEND IT!

11 Likes

Having large and flat thane (cough cough not clouds) would be awesome

12 Likes

U mean just scale up the MAD wheels to 120+mm size? As long as the core doesn’t delaminate, I think it’s worth a try

3 Likes

You cut so deep :smiling_face_with_tear:

6 Likes

Yes and no. For larger urethane wheels, I think the core of the wheel needs to be redesigned. It needs to be bigger to save weight and allow for a larger surface for the urethane to adhere to. May also consider going to a larger bearing to allow for 28mm diameter bearings to be used. 10mm axles are becoming more popular and 22x10mm bearing seem to wear out/go bad pretty quick.

10 Likes

Similar shape and design. Wider and the holes configuration will need to be redesigned. I don’t think merely scaling up the 105 will work.

Would be cool to use the same core as the mystery otang wheels that are seemingly never going to be released

8 Likes

Do you have a pic or link?

1 Like

Looks to have the same kegel holes and then extra holes as well

13 Likes

If 28mm OD bearings are used, may need to design a new pulley. Maybe it can be called the super kegel!

4 Likes

That is exactly what I was thinking of. Super kegel!

1 Like

Yeah but then you need trucks with 12mm axles

2 Likes

Why did they never release those wheels?

1 Like

I assume that they are either still in beta or abandoned

4 Likes

I have a set of 28x10x8mm bearings. What other bearings work well for a 10mm axle. Going any bigger than that on a road board is overkill.

1 Like

As long as there are bearing that still works with 8mm axle, then it should be fine

Yes I know 8mm is weak axle, but some of us haven’t moved on yet.

Oh, I meant the dia to CP ratio. If u gonna scale dia up 1.1x, then I expect CP to be wider than 70mm

3 Likes

I thought superbeast has them?

1 Like

Fuck knows, i don’t even work here

2 Likes