Whats the down low on drop decks? [SERIOUS]

No worries, just add some commentary on what you think of the ones you have shown

It was actually the reason I was on this thread thanks! Do you or anyone else have a measurement from the ground to battery I’m at 2.5" on my surfer Sonic, but need to take away another inch if I get a bigger battery and want to know if 1.5inches is enough clearance for most bike paved trails.

This is my current favorite which is a drop through but also has a micro drop. The Rayne Demonseed. I like the low ride and the drop to find my footing. Same deal with the DB Paradigm and the bustin Sportster.

16 Likes

On the demonseed o have 1.75 off the ground. I was actually worried it was going to scrape on hard turns but it does not

5 Likes

@moon does your Landyachtz Wolfshark have a micro drop?

I +1 on the evo.

The Bustin nobach has been my favorite analog right now. It’s similar to the one they are using on their hybrid builds

The great thing about the demonspeed is its 10 ply is that correct? Makes it great for eskate stiffness.
What inch drop and how many ply is the evo?

It would be cool to have raw data like amything over.75" drop can only fit a single stack. Unless at tires are used.

Lowest ive heard now is 1.75" from ground anyone lower?

is this a moose? I have a brand new one im not gonna use… super mild drop…not quite hummie status… but wide and interesting feel… beforemy recent eboard death… I had a yocaher drop… was great on pnuemies and have thane on another build, i believe skate shred has a comparable deck… but on thane its hella low so i went top mount…

but after riding 6" to 8"… i dont think i can enjoy my progressed riding style on thane anymore…its kinda sad…before i knew better is was an evolution…

meepo to diy 97mm amazon abec clones…107 superflys…amazing…6" even more awesome… 8" trampa knockoffs… the best… now i dont like riding this thane board… to much shit to feel and be wary of…

drop downs need integrated mounting for thane… and better for pnuemis

3 Likes

I’ve got 3 skateshreds decks that are all solid and ride great. One even got ran over by a box truck and just flexed, no damage to the deck but snapped one of the caliber hangers. Just sayin…

6 Likes

Demonseed is stiff but still a really nice and lively feel. Its like a magic carpet :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

Sounds like a great board, I really like the fact it comes in 42" too!

7 Likes

Lol that dude is a legend

Do you mind explaining why?

Because I want to keep the chances of my deck breaking to a minimum

1 Like

Yeah it does. I wouldn’t be calling it a drop deck though

1 Like

Skateshred doesn’t have the deck breaking problem, it has a heavy problem and 0-flex problem.
There are plenty of people, including me, on both the forums that have been using the skateshred decks and have no complaints. The maple ones are built like a tank.

I have this one

13 Likes

I also have 3 skateshred decks and so far so good. I haven’t had anything crazy happen to them though so who knows.

ive spent years on this one:

and it never let me down

6 Likes

Started with this Atom board, which was very flexy (nice for vibrations), but lacked control, and was high from the ground, so not the best for pushing. Also, it’s thin, so I snapped it by clipping a curb.

Then switched to a DB Freeride 38", which I later used for my first esk8

The switch to this was like night and day! Made me realize why this 85€ deck was worth it over the Atom complete I got for 40€ :stuck_out_tongue: So much more stable at speeds, I forgot speed wobbles were even a thing until I got it electrified :sunglasses: Was much lower to the ground, and overall a very competent board for pushing.

Once it was electrified, I needed another regular board for those days when you’ve broken a motor and are waiting months for the replacement. Decided to treat myself and got the 38" LY Switchblade:

And let me tell you – the W concave and foot holds really make a difference! They lock you in confidently, yet still allowing you to move around on the board if you decide to. Not only is this more stable, it also rocks for carving, and still has some flex to make road vibrations manageable. I love it so much I sold my Hummie and got a 40" version for my next electric build.

My only gripe about it (which is a fairly big issue) is that the truck mounting holes are too close to the board and cause wheelbite with all but tiny wheels, but if you’re handy enough to drill new holes and work with it a bit, it’ll ride like a dream :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

ive been running the switchblade with indy 215 trucks (longer kingpin, orangatang nipples bushings), and negative risers with pink abec11 107mm electric flywheels

like that i actually got hangar bite instead of wheelbite, because it was so low :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

the point being, indy trucks naturally have a wider wheelbase than rkp’s so there is no issue with big wheels

3 Likes