Whats the down low on drop decks? [SERIOUS]

Got a picture of that? Sounds dope!

1 Like

i wish :confused: i never took pictures and the board got stolen a few months ago

3 Likes

I have another cheaper option($40 shipped). This is one is a bit more flexible than skateshred and I like it. Already done 600km on the ebay one.

Natural is ebay and brown one is skateshred. Both have 2" drop, perfect for the secured feeling even at high speeds, high acceleration and rapid braking.

4 Likes

215 indys! Massive!

215 indys with longer kingpin / soft double barrel is my favourite truck… they are really low compared to rkp trucks, and the lean and feel is over 9000

just dont try to go anything over 50km/h on them

2 Likes

What decks can you forward mount with? I’ve seen a Landyachtz Switchblade with forward mounted 5065s and I think some Evos with 6374s but not 100% sure…and I vaguely remember the Killshot being good for forward mounting

1 Like

I sawzall-ed the corners on mine :rofl: I did a hack job but if you are careful and file the edge after it will look natural and allow full range of movement. I can still push even with trampa 6.5" tires

1 Like

Did you use a metal plate or something for support? I have my trucks moved up just a bit so that the old holes align with the old-school mounting pattern. Have been looking at Riptide support plates / having a custom one made for extending them further. Maybe you have a pic? :slight_smile:

torqueboards is coming out with a 40" switchblade/hummie clone with cutouts underneath it

I think it’d ride really nice. Not as much clearance issues too due to the cutout

3 Likes

I didn’t want to drill the holes further because that increases the moment on the wood, the weakness of this design is the weakness. But here’s what it looks like with the corners crudely cut by a caveman

5 Likes

So I have 1 Evo deck that i have done 3 builds on the deck it self has about 4000 miles on it of hard riding by a 300lb man, it still my main deck to this day and it had no signs of cracks.

I vote evo for sure it’s an amazing deck.

2 Likes

I picked up the Faultline a few hours ago and it’s pretty damn nice…it will forward mount with BKB mounts and it feels really nice, good size/shape and very beefy

I absolutely love the Subsonic Century… it is ridiculously stable and Eboosted enclosures fit like gloves.

13 Likes

Oh, didn’t realize you meant the outside corners :laughing: Thought you had a drop-through switchblade.

Ditto

14 Likes

So purdy

1 Like

Ditto😉

1 Like

Its still crazy to me how you fit a s4 under that. Any clearance issues? Care to throw a tape measure from ground to battery enclosure, I’m gonna guess 1.85" from ground

What do you mean s4? I have a 10S5P setup here.
I actually have lots of clearance because my total enclosure+battery height is 21mm. I frequently go over bumps and the bottom never touches.

6 Likes

Damn, i would be wanting an extra layer of protection over that stuff!

But it looks sweet!

2 Likes