Whats the down low on drop decks? [SERIOUS]

I wanted to put a thin fiberglass skin on top, but I couldn’t resist riding initially. As I rode more and more I saw less appeal in that. Haha.

4 Likes

That is aweome even bigger than I remember. Didnt realize I could fit all that in a single stack. Ok I need to get a bigger battery thanks for thr inspiration!

1 Like

Yep that’s what inspired my evo.

I just asked Alan to make me the same enclosure but double stack so I could squeeze a 12s8p 4 focboxes, bms and an antispark.

Now with the Unities I have much more space in my enclosure you could fit a 9p for sure and 10p if you were going 2wd

2 Likes

Thank you @mishrasubhransu, I just ordered myself 3 decks from skateshred. One of them looks like a LY Evo copy. Curios to see how it fares for the awesome price.

2 Likes

The skateshred slant seems pretty solid so far. Running evolve trucks on it, which tend to bring out the flex in any deck, and it feels real nice on 6x2 pneumies. It’s got a good bit of give without feeling anything but sturdy.
Might eventually replace the evolve trucks with whoever brings some 240mm hangers + big ass changeable axles >8mm to the table first… for when I’m ready to go realfast but I’m really happy with this stage of things. Deck seems like a win. If I get anything senderized, it’ll probably be this one. (or maybe a TB deck… shhhhhhhhhhhh)

3 Likes

Nice, good to hear! How did you get those evolve trucks? I couldn’t find them in their page. If you are done with yours, hit me up!

I like them too much to get rid of them. They just might not be for this deck. You can piece the trucks all together from the evolve website, but it’s pretty pricey. I’ve seen some impressive looking China clones…

1 Like

6 Likes

What if you ever jump from a curb? This gives me the shivers.

Haha, good to hear that you’re still in love. Yeah, piecing it together is like $90 per single truck, without mounts…

I wouldn’t be taking a deck that size off curbs unless the battery it top mount

1 Like

I never jump curbs :grin:

But it wasn’t supposed to be this low, that’s what you get with non adjustable mounts

1 Like

Very much agreed, all mounts should have 3-5mm of adjustment just in case of these kind of situations, I’ve been stuck with akward mounting angles and stupid belt lengths too many times.

I have to vent im sorry, but who the fuck uses 255-265mm belts? Ive seen so many floating around on the Esk8 market, ebay and kits from vendors but I have yet to see a single motor mount that is small enough to use 255 or 265mm belts.

2 Likes

Do you have one of these decks? How is it?

1 Like

I think the diyeboard style trucks/mounts use them.
And something else… Evolve or some other prebuilt. I think @b264 told me once.
( because I have like 10 255 belts)

3 Likes

Evolve, with their 38T pulley uses 260-5M-15 belts and with their “32T” pulley (actually 33 tooth) they use 250-5M-15 belts

2 Likes

Ignore this, I dont think I can make 15 : 38 or 15 : 33 work.

1 Like

I dont, I have the 9 ply(even though they say its 10 ply its not) 2inch drop 41.25 check out my sonic build. And I absolutely love it, I feel like I’m on a euro sports car.

If it were longer id have one for sure. I think @BillGordon has some though

1 Like

You built your deck… I’m lost. Do you sell these decks?

mine is from same supllier I think they sell a 2" drop down, I did a build thread on it

1 Like