What came first? Carvon hubs or Hummie hubs?

In my mind that would’ve been Carvon, no? They certainly weren’t as good as hummie hubs but they worked and they were super popular.

5 Likes

were those hubs? i thought they were direct drive… a subtle difference but a difference nonetheless.

3 Likes

Originally they were complete hubs, only moved to DD in later versions. You could check out my OG carvon review for reference.

6 Likes

Ah sorry I was not aware. Were those carvon hubs available before the hummie pink v1s?

3 Likes

Again I believe so, but could always be proven wrong. My understanding was that Carvon was experimenting with hub motors at about the same time Jason was selling the V1 Rspecs, which would’ve been 2014/15

2 Likes

i’ve got one in my closet for posterity…

7 Likes

these are the earliest pics i find of “hub motors” over at the builders forum… the hummie pics are from jan 16, and the carvon pics are from oct 15, but the carvon ones look more like direct drives than actual hub motors… but im not certain (could be wrong)

3 Likes

then again there’s this post from aug 15…

…but i don’t find any evidence these were ever available for sale.

2 Likes

Maybe just ask him when he started selling the hub motors?
It seems like he has been working on hubs motor for a long time.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=63029&hilit=HubL

1 Like

The Carvons from that photo are V2 or 2.5s. Again, you can reference my OG carvon article to make the comparison. V1s were hubs all the way and V2 or later they started moving to DD. Also the @wanderer hubs did sell at one point bc he never finished the build, they just weren’t commercially available. I got the trailer hitch from that build.

1 Like

were those carvon v1 hubs produced before sept 2014?

3 Likes

Reading stuff from Jerry makes me sick

3 Likes

@anorak234

^sept 2014 @hummieee

^april 2015

…seems to suggest the v1 carvon direct drives came ~7 months after the hummie direct drive post

^july 2015

^august 2015

^october 2015

^october 27 2015

^jan 2016

along came raptor 2 in ~nov 2016

^nov 2016

5 Likes

Why never really understood what people found wrong with him

1 Like

Is that a joke

5 Likes

Not really wasn’t around when he was here so never found out about it

1 Like

People are still waiting on their boards they paid long time ago.

5 Likes

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=49557

^this guy has everyone beat… posted april 2013 but states the board was built in 2007 then stolen 2007

5 Likes

It doesn’t matter. Hub motors are hub motors. And I would like to speak for everyone here.
No one like them :rofl:

2 Likes

…I like them XD

For a cheap commuter board

3 Likes