What came first? Carvon hubs or Hummie hubs?

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=49557

i wonder if this was the grand-daddy of them all… who else had an electric skateboard in 2007??

4 Likes

Haha. I’m just messing around brother. I know people who love them and as far as I’m concerned. Hummie hubs are solid :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Are these Carvons or Hummies?
I bought them a long time ago and never did anything with them.

3 Likes

Those are carvons. And I want them. I will purchase them from you if you’re selling.

4 Likes

Right now I’m thinking I’ll use them assuming they are something decent by modern standards.
So right now I just want to learn about what I have.
But if I do end up selling them I’ll come back to this thread and make sure you know about it first.

2 Likes

I have another set and I love them, that’s why I want yours so badly lol. If you’ve got any intention of using them, by all means keep them. You’ve got a very rare set of OG carvons, and they perform excellent with Focbox’s or VESC6 in my experience. Wonderful for anything with a kick tail since there’s less rolling resistance. Let me know if you have any questions, I’d be delighted to help.

2 Likes

I think you’ve basically answered my question. Are they good? Yes. :slightly_smiling_face:
My plan was originally to make a homemade z-board out of them (uses strain-gauges to determine how you’re leaning and accelerate and brake without a remote).
Then I heard from people who had z-boards that it’s kind of a gimmick and they didn’t wind up using them which kinda turned me off the idea so I put these in the closet.
Now my plan is to maybe make a light-ish slow short-board using them. Something with a kick-tail just as you say. :slightly_smiling_face:
Never thought I’d want a short-board but people who have them say they wind up using them all the time (that’s what Daniel Kwan said in one of his videos anyway - that if he’s ducking out to the shops a short-board just makes more sense than dragging a big old longboard around).

3 Likes

Hey @anorak234 I think I’m ready to let these go after all.
I think they are really too big for a short board.
Plus I should face the truth that I’m unlikely to ever get around to making that short board.
They should go to someone who will actually use them.
I paid $399 for them originally do you feel they are still worth that today?

7 Likes

@GnomeMeansNo Fuck, I’ll take em for that pricepoint. Thats a piece of esk8 history right there

6 Likes

@linsus all yours, let’s spread the love. I’m happy with mine!

2 Likes

Alrighty I PMed linsus.

1 Like

Thats some inbetween Hubs and DDs, weird and kind of cool looking.
What happens when thane is ruined? :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah that’s a good question. Someone with a lathe could buy some wheels and core them.
Maybe a drill press and hole saw would work too?

1 Like