VESC "one vesc is out of date" but both updated to 5.1. HELP??!!

didn’t we have this conversation yesterday?

1 Like

Awesome news! I got to test my board today for the first time. It FLIES. FOC has made my board WAY quieter and has a smoother delivery of torque. Unfortunately, I was unable to get HFI to work. I set my max value higher and higher and the cogging would not go away. When I ran the duty cycle of 0.2, I got two values of 10 and 3. I forget what the two values mean but the person who made the tutorial video said that if the second value was above 15% of the first the motor should work for HFI but unfortunately I was not one of those people.
I can either live with crappy FOC cogging or my plan is to buy sensored motors. I would love to buy used because I don’t want to shell out any more money but I don’t know the availability.

2 Likes

I was hesitant to make another reply but I wanted to ensure that this problem isn’t going to result in me getting hit by a car.
I have been using the VX1 for about a week now riding about 6 miles per trip on average. For some reason, it seems that every time since my first ride (where it happened at the very end) sometimes when I am not applying throttle or brake the remote disconnects, and the only way to reconnect it is to reboot the remote (which takes at least 4 seconds so no chance in an emergency situation).

Has anyone else experienced this? is there a workaround or is this supposed to be a dumb battery-saving feature?
As mentioned I am running in ppm and no I cannot use it in UART for reasons explained in this thread

Why is there not a VX1 Disconnection thread.

1 Like

When did you get the VX1? There was a batch around late August that had this issue on many of the remotes

1 Like

i got it a few weeks ago on amazon. I dont think i can return it now as I do not have the box anymore…

I am super frustrated. My car has a bad alternator and my VX1 disconnects every single time that I release the throttle or brake. I’m lucky I haven’t been hit by a car yet. I’ve contacted Amazon and I will be getting a replacement. Should this solve my problems or is it more of a VESC problem? I went from 2 torqueboard escs (4.12 hardware) to a focbox unity (amazing).

TLDR: Every single flipsky product I’ve purchased has had to go back for various reasons. Will replacing the remote fix my issue?