VESC "one vesc is out of date" but both updated to 5.1. HELP??!!

1 Like

lift the little tab that holds the pins and pull out the wire, just don’t bend it too hard, or else it won’t hold the wires anymore.

worst case: solder wires directly on the pins :joy:

Thanks guys I’ll give it a shot now. Ill lyk how it goes in like 10 mins

TAKE PIX OF CONNECTOR BEFORE YOU FUKK WITH IT

3 Likes

hahaha look above lmao. I’m having a hard time lifting the little plastic buggers. nothing small enough to get under there

1 Like

razor blade
exactoblade
pin
needle
safety pin opened of course
my rapier like wit

4 Likes

in the video i showed the guy kind of ham-fists it but you get the idea

what i found works the best is to push the wire in to the stops before you pry… it will only move in the JST an RCH but it matters
the lift the tab
then pull

if you start out by pulling the wire it will be super difficult to lift the plastic tab

you only need to lift the tab about .5mm and the wire will slide out

remember which way the wire and the pin come out they must go in the same way to have the tab retain the pin

1 Like

holy shit i got it with a push pin. razor blade didnt work fsr. Im testing it now…

2 Likes

haha i didn’t see this but it is what I wound up doing :smiley:

2 Likes

those little pin thing that comes with a phone for pushing the sim tray out works easily, or even just a paper clip also works

1 Like

Bad news everyone. the whole thing blew up. nah it just doesn’t detect or spin motors now. IG that wasn’t the problem. in good news, now both of my VESC read that they’re on the same firmware… YAY? that was technically my OG problem so. anyway it seems like the VX remotes have some inherent flaws so PPM it is! Thank you everyone for your help. You’re all incredible (and the environment is a lot nicer than the… previous… forum).
now to figure out hfi!

3 Likes

I have a sharp exactoblade that I use

but I’ve been depinning fukked up JSTs for-fukk-ing-ever i’m quite good at it now if I do say so myself

I hope this fixes your problem @dino15309

2 Likes

good luck… HFI can be awesome, or just not work
HFI is not equal to all VESCs and all motors
even exactly the same motors may react differently

but it either works or doesn’t

2 Likes

yeah from watching the YT guide it would seem that way. ill have to see. I plan on making a full build post in about a week or two when this whole thing is finished. I hope HFI does work so that I can have a nice startup, but I can live without it. At least my remote works!

2 Likes

i’ve always just use the screwdriver that i use to fix my glasses, it also works, but i rarely re-use any jst, those little tab bend too far easily, i fucking hate it

good luck with that, not every motor likes it

1 Like

One can pray! :laughing:

1 Like

not sure why your remote is acting like a bitch.

I used mine via ppm and uart, no problem. I really didn’t care about flipskys reverse ever since smart reverse was implemented so i run the vx1 exclusively in ppm.

Let me get a pic of the uart layout either way (I’m also using 4.12 hw.

1 Like

I’m sorry what do you mean by UART layout?

As in the order of pins. Depending on what Hardware you use, you might have to swap 2 pins to get it working.

this is for hw 4.x

1 Like