Why is there no VX1 Disconnection thread.

This thing is deciding to cut off and sometimes but more rarely back on

I notice it doing it in two main ways with two causes.

One cause is passing cars or approaching pedestrians, the other is certain scenarios like coming to a complete stop.

most times the signal led will be blinking and I quickly power it off and back on. Other times it will remain on but give a brief period of no throttle response.

short story short fuck flipysky
@DerelictRobot save us

5 Likes

I have been using 2 vx1 remotes and had absolutely zero issues with loosing connection

10 Likes

Soon friendo… Soon…

Im eagerly waiting on the PM I may or may not get to confirm shipping on my production unit :yum:

These things can absorb abuse, no need to worry like I have with prior remotes if I take a dive👌

3 Likes

Needs a hidden knife that pops out at the end

4 Likes

With the size of the (beta*) internals, if the shell was the size of a ‘regular’ esk8 remote you could fit plenty of other gadgets (or a bigger battery…?).

* I’m sure the internals have changed for production units… Not sure if the footprint is larger or smaller though.

1 Like

Yeah I have multiple boards I switch this receiver/remote between all running PWM. This last build has had terrible connectivity so I guess I need to experiment.

First thing I will try is moving it away from the massive lipo pack.

1 Like

Does either the remote or receiver happen to be close to your phone? I’ve had it disconnect being too close to my phone before and it was easily solved by moving my phone to another pocket

1 Like

lol yeah I was also thinking about that. phone in the left pocket feel wrong af to me but I’ll try it.

rolling downhill with no brakes feels pretty wrong af too.

4 Likes

I’ve ridden several different boards with the vx1 and the connection is always sketchy at best. #fuckflipsky

4 Likes

for those with disconnect issues are they in RF dense areas?

i’ve mostly been using the VX1 for several thousand miles and have never had a disconnect issue. Though I did have some other issues.

I may tie this second one to the original problem.

3 Likes

didn’t own a vx1, but my vx2 was fine, but im also moving away from flipsky

4 Likes

The second one sounds similar to the issues I experienced. And no, RF dense areas were not part of the issue

2 Likes

Joey here with the solution :grin: :raised_hands: :man_mechanic:

Only disconnection I had the whole ride is when I was taking my phone out of my right pocket because I put it there accidentally!

I need to set up wireshark and do some sniffing :thinking:

1 Like

Wait was I supposed to be designing a remote?

PS: You cannot go wrong with the Puck. It’s my alternate go-to.

3 Likes

I’m glad it worked for you :+1:

Ironically I discovered this issue when I pulled out my phone with the VX1 in the same hand and noticed it disconnected the moment I loaded up this website…

It probably disconnects mid ride when the phone does some background processes that require a lot of cellular activity

2 Likes

Same thing for me, the one is running a quad split ppm and I still haven’t had any issues after probably 100 miles

2 Likes

interesting artifact… I’m going to try out for science

3 Likes

I was thinking about this more, I had my phone right next to the VX1 trying to get it to disconnect on WiFi and it seemed to only do it once, but then I realized it might be because I’m probably on the 5 GHz band…

Tomorrow I’ll go into the routers settings and split the 5 and 2.4 GHz bands and test again. I think if my phone is on 2.4 GHz it might effect the remote more.

I think some of the 4G LTE stuff is around 2.4 GHz on the top end if that means anything about this interference. Though I may be completely wrong about all of this cus I’m no enginerd…

2 Likes

Ive actually never had anyone contact me asking about disconnection issues with thier vx1, so this isnt normal

5 Likes

d00d you seem to have all your mHz and Ghz inline… check it out… I;ll do the same… maybe we’re on a fool’s errand… or maybe you have uncovered real science

1 Like