Why is there no VX1 Disconnection thread.

I did open up the remote a long while ago and did the @fessyfoo wiring mod and also checked the antenna and it’s routing…

i guess I’m just a fukkin’ lucky sumbitch

1 Like

I noticed if I have good service and load something up the VX1 signal indicator will start to blink and then disconnect. Seems like the sudden burst of data knocks out the connection, its usually not when idle for me.

1 Like

never noticed that either…
turn airplane mode on when riding…

i don’t

in the clip above I was on wifi 4g and bluetooth except for the Ifucking fone on xmatic… I don’t have a simcard for that piece of crap

1 Like

I have done plenty of dumb experiments as I am rolling around with a board and enclosure made of carbon fibre. To me the phone acts more of signal blocker, same as your body and other crap radio interfering crap. So if I’m trying to hide the remote in my armpit for example it drops out and dies every time. (It might die of other reasons) Basically if I have enough crap between the receiver and the remote the signal gets weaker to the point where it drops out.

2 Likes

I seem to be nearing my vx1’s signal capabilities.

If i use it in a very busy place (main train station and mall zone), with phone in right pocket (10cm away from remote), use steel toe cap boots directly over where receiver is in board and mount the actual receiver on the heatsink of the trampa vesc, i can see my remote flashing the signal led and the battery info once it changes channels. It never, ever cutout on me though.
Might be worth opening the remote and checking the black wire looping in the top of the remote

2 Likes

Hi! I’m having some extremely weird connectivity issues. The remote disconnects from my board every time I let off the throttle. It will remain connected while there is either throttle or brake, but as soon as I would like to go between the two or coast the board disconnects. I fought with amazon for a return and I will be sending the product back, but I am concerned that this may not solve my issues. Has anyone else experienced something similar?
Also, I am on PPM for reasons I mention in this thread:

1 Like

Does the remote itself show a disconnection? Perhaps your esc is throwing faults and quickly restarting, which is why it only seems like you are losing connection.

2 Likes

It is showing a disconnection, as the connection light on the remote starts to flash and I need to restart the remote to reconnect. However I am on my second VESC since getting the remote and the problem persists. I went from 2 torqueboards escs (4.12 hardware) to a unity. I really hope that the VESC is not the problem.
Also I am not seeing any faults on the stormcore app.

3 Likes

Every point you just mentioned is a definite indicator that the remote is at fault, nevermind :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a relief (also I edited my response to be a little bit more clear). So returning and replacing the remote/receiver should solve this?

3 Likes

Most likely.

3 Likes

Did you ever get this solved, I’m having the exact same issue

1 Like

Not as much a solution, however some useful workarounds/ warnings:

I’ll add that my daughter has experienced a couple of cutouts with a unity/vx1. She had what could have been a serious crash earlier this week. From her description, it sounds like a remote cut out since there were no faults found and everything still looks good. Not willing to say for sure, but she will not take another ride with that set up.

1 Like

They were super common with me until I moved my phone to a far away pocket, but I also feel I noticed it happening when cars approached presumably due to their radio signals.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I’ve tried a couple vx1’s and just got a new stotmcore esc so I know it’s not a esc issue. I’m going to order a hoyt puck and hope it takes care of the issue.

It seems like there was a batch early-mid summer that had horrible connectivity issues. Also the phone thing definitely causes disconnects. I just returned mine to amazon and got a new one that had no issues.

I would seriously give my post a read (linked above). has some useful info on how to prevent the cutouts and how to stay safe if one happens. Also, above all, WEAR A HELMET!!

1 Like

I’m having the same issues with the VX1 (using PPM with FSESC 6), I have several VX1’s and this happens only on one of my boards, so maybe it’s a batch problem ? Same issue, when doing throttle or brake, all is good, but when in idle or stop , sometimes, the remote just disconnects (blinks) and a restart to the remote is required, doing restart to the board itself doesn’t help, only to the remote.

1 Like

I have a similar issue but a repairing is required. If I let the remote idle it unpairs. Not sure yet if it’s a remote or receiver problem.