VESC "one vesc is out of date" but both updated to 5.1. HELP??!!

holy shit i got it with a push pin. razor blade didnt work fsr. Im testing it now…

2 Likes

haha i didn’t see this but it is what I wound up doing :smiley:

2 Likes

those little pin thing that comes with a phone for pushing the sim tray out works easily, or even just a paper clip also works

1 Like

Bad news everyone. the whole thing blew up. nah it just doesn’t detect or spin motors now. IG that wasn’t the problem. in good news, now both of my VESC read that they’re on the same firmware… YAY? that was technically my OG problem so. anyway it seems like the VX remotes have some inherent flaws so PPM it is! Thank you everyone for your help. You’re all incredible (and the environment is a lot nicer than the… previous… forum).
now to figure out hfi!

3 Likes

I have a sharp exactoblade that I use

but I’ve been depinning fukked up JSTs for-fukk-ing-ever i’m quite good at it now if I do say so myself

I hope this fixes your problem @dino15309

2 Likes

good luck… HFI can be awesome, or just not work
HFI is not equal to all VESCs and all motors
even exactly the same motors may react differently

but it either works or doesn’t

2 Likes

yeah from watching the YT guide it would seem that way. ill have to see. I plan on making a full build post in about a week or two when this whole thing is finished. I hope HFI does work so that I can have a nice startup, but I can live without it. At least my remote works!

2 Likes

i’ve always just use the screwdriver that i use to fix my glasses, it also works, but i rarely re-use any jst, those little tab bend too far easily, i fucking hate it

good luck with that, not every motor likes it

1 Like

One can pray! :laughing:

1 Like

not sure why your remote is acting like a bitch.

I used mine via ppm and uart, no problem. I really didn’t care about flipskys reverse ever since smart reverse was implemented so i run the vx1 exclusively in ppm.

Let me get a pic of the uart layout either way (I’m also using 4.12 hw.

1 Like

I’m sorry what do you mean by UART layout?

As in the order of pins. Depending on what Hardware you use, you might have to swap 2 pins to get it working.

this is for hw 4.x

1 Like

didn’t we have this conversation yesterday?

1 Like

Awesome news! I got to test my board today for the first time. It FLIES. FOC has made my board WAY quieter and has a smoother delivery of torque. Unfortunately, I was unable to get HFI to work. I set my max value higher and higher and the cogging would not go away. When I ran the duty cycle of 0.2, I got two values of 10 and 3. I forget what the two values mean but the person who made the tutorial video said that if the second value was above 15% of the first the motor should work for HFI but unfortunately I was not one of those people.
I can either live with crappy FOC cogging or my plan is to buy sensored motors. I would love to buy used because I don’t want to shell out any more money but I don’t know the availability.

2 Likes

I was hesitant to make another reply but I wanted to ensure that this problem isn’t going to result in me getting hit by a car.
I have been using the VX1 for about a week now riding about 6 miles per trip on average. For some reason, it seems that every time since my first ride (where it happened at the very end) sometimes when I am not applying throttle or brake the remote disconnects, and the only way to reconnect it is to reboot the remote (which takes at least 4 seconds so no chance in an emergency situation).

Has anyone else experienced this? is there a workaround or is this supposed to be a dumb battery-saving feature?
As mentioned I am running in ppm and no I cannot use it in UART for reasons explained in this thread

Why is there not a VX1 Disconnection thread.

1 Like

When did you get the VX1? There was a batch around late August that had this issue on many of the remotes

1 Like

i got it a few weeks ago on amazon. I dont think i can return it now as I do not have the box anymore…

I am super frustrated. My car has a bad alternator and my VX1 disconnects every single time that I release the throttle or brake. I’m lucky I haven’t been hit by a car yet. I’ve contacted Amazon and I will be getting a replacement. Should this solve my problems or is it more of a VESC problem? I went from 2 torqueboard escs (4.12 hardware) to a focbox unity (amazing).

TLDR: Every single flipsky product I’ve purchased has had to go back for various reasons. Will replacing the remote fix my issue?