VESC based esc dual pro (150A 500A) Beta tester wanted!

Hi all, We are now looking for testers/ reviewers for our newest ESC
This will not be available yet, I am just opening the thread to gauge interest and to look for reviewers.
Our store: LINK
Some of you have seen the reviews of our lite model, with the smart remote and smaller discharge of 60A continuous.

some reviews below:

1. Test bench review
    Esk8Supply Dual 6.1 Vesc Variant* Review A deeper Dive
  1. [Updated Review] Esk8Supply Dual VESC6.1 Based Controller

For the lite dual:
We have a new CNC case available by the end of this week! (will be updating on our site very soon)
mmexport1573556106938

We are now preparing the sale of the newest dual ESC and single ESC based on the VESC 6 firmware

DUAL PRO
The ESCs will be able to do 150A continuous and 500A burst. The ESCs will come with all available ports ( Sensor, USB, PPM, COMM, SWD ).
The dimension is very similar to the ESC lite and is very compacted (the dimensions will be released when the case is done. It has an anti-spark switch.
Right now, we are designing a case for the ESC. We will keep updating this thread for more info. We have decided that there is no point of switching the layout around for this ESC, as it is squarer, and the length is shorter than the lite.

SINGLE PRO
The single will perform the same as the dual each side (75A, 250A). The ESCs will come with all available ports ( Sensor, USB, PPM, COMM, SWD, CAN ). As you can see the casing and design is set.
We feel like the ESC is quite small for its performance, not sure if it is the smallest (let me know, so we can make some BOLD marketing claims :joy: )
Dimensions: 11x7.8x1.7cm

Capture
(final color will be black)

What will happen now:
The ESCs are in production now and will be ready before Christmas.
We like how it went with the last ESC with the reviews (I now know that UART ports are essential)
Now, we want some beta tester/ reviewers who can help us test in your environment.
We want between 5-10 users who have experience with VESC before and have a build they can swap into to test. The retail price for the dual will be set at around USD 230 with the CNC case and the singles will be around $150 with the case. (pricing may be subject to change)

This will not be available yet, I am just opening the thread to gauge interest and to look for reviewers.

To the creative people in the group, any suggestions on what we should call the ESC (currently set as lite and pro?

15 Likes

This is cool, I like that these versions will have a UART port and all the things we are used to in VESC based escs. What will the price point be for these? The dual and the single

2 Likes

The battery cables and phase cables coming out on the same side is kind of weird. Usualy your battery is on the other side of the motors lol

2 Likes

HNNNNG

giphy%20(12)

plz put me on that list :pray:

6 Likes

How high is that dual pro? (To the underside to the top of the sticky out component?)

1 Like

I would love to be a tester for this because this is gonna be huge in the current competitive market. Unfortunately, I don’t have a board to test this out at the moment (thanks @hyperion1) and won’t have a board to test until mid December. You’re off to great things @Esk8supply and I nominate @Sn4Pz to be on that tester list

6 Likes

Hope you get your battery soon man!:wink:

5 Likes

the dual pro dimensions won’t be released yet, until we have a prototype casing made. Hope you understand

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Its probably all up in the air, but do you think that the casing will have a cutout for mounting it through the enclosure for active cooling? Or will it rest in the case like the lite

The specs certainly sound impressive. Do you have a height without the case?

4 Likes

The esc is quite short height wise, basiclly just a pcb with the caps being the highest point. Around 2cm without the case

same remote as before?

You can use your own with this one :smile:

8 Likes

Do you think this will be able to fit in the channel of the haya hb83? I would love to test one if it fits

1 Like

makes me wish i had a build that wouldnt go up in smoke while agressively testing this :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

not sure on the dimensions of the deck haha.

1 Like

that being said, what setup should your testers ideally have?

1 Like

have you tested the esc yourself

3 Likes

I’m working on a deal to buy and finish building a Trampa, should be finishing it over winter. Could be a good platform for testing this out. Also I can still ride in the winter being a southern US resident.

Edit** Build list:
MBS Trucks/tires
FS 6374 190KV motors
15/72 gear ratio
12S lipos (I’ll be building a liion pack for it as well)
VX1 remote
Current ESC is a FS 6.6 dual. so I can compare the two

2 Likes