VESC based esc dual pro (150A 500A) Beta tester wanted!

Mountainboard guys would be a good place to start. @Riako @Andy87 not @glyphiks he already got cheap escapes :stuck_out_tongue:. And Others I don’t remember.

@rich would probably be able to break it.

5 Likes

Always ready to test things out.
E switch is definitely something that can be a plus or very big minus, depending on the reliability. Xt60 for 150A continues :thinking: but well most of us esk8er will anyway never reach that.

2 Likes

@Esk8supply any mounting holes on the dual? I can’t see that from the picture. If no, I would suggest to add some. A splash prove silicon case could be a good idea as well. Something with space for the bt modul and receiver.

Edit: I suggest as well @Lee_Wright for testing. Could imagine he would be happy to review it on his yt channel as well.

3 Likes

I’ll likely be using it for my urethane Vanguard build, but I could give it a shot with my Pneumie ChooChoo if that helps me get in the test phase :wink:

2 Likes

There’s no idea set up. You are free to put it in any builds you see fit. Within the limits of course haha

1 Like

I have, when I was in China in the factory.

3 Likes

I would be happy to do some proper testing, my trampa setup with dual 80100’s and 12s9p 30Q battery combined with my habit of destroying stuff in the woods will surely create a good scenario for testing the limit of theese!

4 Likes

Holy fuck! Should be interesting to see haha

3 Likes

Happy to test the dual and make some videos @Esk8supply.

Will throw it in here and run big power, see if it can handle the woods!

9 Likes

@Lee_Wright you need to do something with your esc case :joy::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

it is time for shower yet? :rofl:

1 Like

You should not believe your suppliers over exaggerated claims. If it can actually measure 140A per side, you will be very lucky. If you can’t measure the current, you can’t drive the motor at such currents, no matter what the mosfets are rated peak Amp wise. It’s a matter of the shunts, not the mosfets.
We recently tested a 200A continuous rated clone device and it could only measure 120A reliably.
Mosfet wise 200A would be no problem, but the shunts would simply not allow to cope with that Amp flow.

VESC based controllers are not voltage controlled ESCs with no control over the current! Overrating a VESC based ESC is sort of stupid, since it is a current controlled device that would throw an ABS over current fault and would simply cut out if you exceed a safe max peak current rating. Safe means within a region where you can actually measure the currents reliably and precise enough.
Overrating potentially makes users go beyond a safe max current level and that means they are potentially put to danger. If the motor commutation goes wrong during high power drain, a wheel can actually block at full speed.

12 Likes

Yes, I am in the middle of a VESC 6 swap right now actually. I had to butcher the case to put the dongle in and just kinda rode it like that for a month or so :joy:

1 Like

Im interested as well, I’ve got a dual 6380 build that had a flipsky 6.6 mini esc take a dump.

4 Likes

Awesome work @Esk8supply this one looks strong! I just received my hubs and will start testing the lite version tomorrow, expect my review by the end of the week!

6 Likes

Should fit lengthwise just fine. It should not exceed 22mm

1 Like

Here are the dimensions, will it fit? @Esk8supply

1 Like

I don’t see a CAN bus port. Is there one I can solder my own leads to on the pcb?

1 Like

@Kellag Here goes your chance for the VESC™️ 6 giveaway scheduled for Black Friday.

3 Likes

:eyes: :mountain_railway: :canada:

1 Like