Rideneo - Vendor ID Discussion

First of all, I never attacked you for trying to get to the bottom of this. I said before that I would eat my words if I had to, although it wasn’t what I hoped for. I don’t even have any money in this! We all wanted this to be good, and I was simply trying to see the positive side. Saying it’s selfish for wanting to have gear at a reasonable price is ridiculous. We all want that.

Unfortunately, I have to eat my words! I know how vendors work and how we need to make sure they are regulated, and I’m prepared to help in doing so. All I was trying to do was look at each fact as it came, and try to make sense of it. I don’t really think that I should be blamed for that. I appreciate all the hard work that you guys did. And I still stand by what I said this whole time, they aren’t the same person. That’s the only thing I have confidently said.

I never insulted you Mike. If somehow what I said seemed directed at you or another mod, then it would have been a misunderstanding. Thanks for what you do.

4 Likes

So if we look past who Jeff knows and who he talks to, if I wanted to look at this very objectively, how many orders has he fulfilled and how many is pending past 180 days? I understand that some people are still waiting for their decks.

For the sake of arguement about coronavirus, let’s assume that all orders where DHL has tracking # would’ve shipped/arrived. (I know about printing blank shipping labels, just play assume) How many does that leave?

Anonymous poll:

• Ordered / Received
  • Ordered / Not received within 180 days
  • Ordered / Not received past 180 days

0 voters

Just doing my part to make this situation even weirder.

13 Likes

I don’t believe that this would be entirely true. Depending on the number of flights and routes/available/quarantine rules it may heavily affect when stock may be able to arrive. I know people that have been waiting for over a month for overseas orders.

I know I’m just curious without coronabias… Poll means nothing to anyone other than my curiosity

There are no hurt feelings here, I was just pointing out there is a responsibility of everyone to take ALL of the facts and then make a judgement. When you said…

You discounted facts, by calling it BS.

I’m not blaming you for anything, I’m saying own it.

Reasonable is fine, but if it’s too cheap then there is something wrong. I’ve gotten hate mail and PM’s telling me “fuck off an die whore bag”. Not sure what a whore bag is, but whatever. All of those, to my reckoning were born out of a desire for cheap and shiny gear and blaming me for calling the vendor into question.

My point it this. When making every effort to act responsibly and ethically while trying to foster growth yet still hold people accountable for their BS, sometimes you have to look further than what is right in front of you, take time and dive in, find real answers. Making blanket judgement based on limited information is why the world is so fucked right now, this is behavior we need to correct.

9 Likes

While this is a good idea I suppose, no one can actually see these results until they respond to the poll. (unless I am just missing something obvious) Not sure how helpful this is for folks who don’t fit into those three criteria.

2 Likes

Is there not a show results button. Oh poop. I can’t fix it now…

1 Like

Oh lord I didn’t know it was that bad for you, I’m sorry man haha

Yeah I know I called the ip address stuff bs without fully understanding it, your second post explained it all in detail, so sorry for that.

I still stand by the delivery time though, you can’t get anything in a decent amount of time right now. I just want my BMS that I ordered two weeks ago tbh. I can’t even ride my main board lol

As to your last paragraph, definitely. It’s a learning experience every time, and the fact that this entire ordeal happened in public is to our disadvantage, but people can learn from it this time.

1 Like

5 Likes

Would you say that filling Jeff into the scammer category based on evidence of contact with Jed be considered making blanket judgement?

Can Someone make a tldr on this thread

I am not spending the next month reading through every post

here you go

10 Likes

Im not saying you are wrong on that count, Im saying that when a vendor lies repeatedly, that’s a pattern that should make people NOT buy from them until it is fully explained. It has not been fully explained to my satisfaction.

I disagree, I think transparency is advantageous.

6 Likes

People can vote to see the result and then unvote (if they don’t have anything of these 3 options.) Editing the poll obviously resets it.

1 Like

Principle of life

You get service (speed of it coming And customer service) quality And price
Pick 2

If you have service + quality then it won’t Be cheap

IF you have quality and cheap it won’t have good service

If it is cheap and good service it won’t Be quality

1 Like

what’s going on in this thread

2 Likes

The summarise topic just gives the top 100 most liked posts which doesn’t really help much as most are @kook being an idiot

8 Likes

I give less than a shit about his contact with Jeremy Bogan, I care that he repeatedly lied about it and that makes me question his motivation and ethics. That’s all I need to NOT buy from a vendor.

I try to never file people into categories, what am I a boomer (the joke was implied, hope that’s ok) :slight_smile:. I think people are far more important than things. So no, I would file him in the category of “scammer”. I would say that he has lied and is not to be trusted.

9 Likes

@Dareno & @BillGordon I swear to god if that ends up as my title, there will be consequences :slight_smile:.

14 Likes