*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

me as well! Hoping we get that shipping update soon :slightly_smiling_face: (or at least the pictures of the new box to hold us over in the meantime)

2 Likes

Prove it. Show me the units he’s fixed.

…oh wait they havnt been delivered yet, right? :roll_eyes:

Would you not be concerned about solder balls, or random liquids on the PCB?

I didn’t write my review for you, so take it however you want.

I’m dropping the conversation here.

8 Likes

I thought the beta testers got a discount. How much did you pay @Sn4Pz

2 Likes

testers paid whatever the regular customers pay.

80 and 120 afaik

120 per

4 Likes

Man I can’t believe people are still going on about delivery time… After the whole commotion and ip address bs too?

I’m not just trying to pointlessly defend him. What would be the point in taking all this community feedback for this time, making changes, and actually shipping a product if he wasn’t going to implement the changes. You guys expect so much from someone doing this on the side. The amount of communication he’s shown should at least show some element of genuinity.

The issues you mentioned were ones that he said would be addressed and I believe him. There’s no reason not to as of right now

I realize that you might not have written your review for me but you did write it for the community, and for those that are questioning it, it feels like unneeded blustering about

6 Likes

That’s almost enough for 1 Vesc6 from Trampa!

2 Likes

On a side note… How’s the lucky boys shipping doing? @xsynatic

4 Likes

I kinda see what @Sn4Pz is saying. Beta testers should have some kind of incentive. Perhaps a one time 30-50% discount for any production units for the beta testers. To expect a replacement for a full working test unit is a bit of a stretch though.

12 Likes

Fuck it I’ll bite.

There is absolutely reason to doubt him. In the messages prior to mine beig delivered he kept sayingover and over again that the QC process was excellent and that there would be nothing wrong with the units. CLEARLY solder balls, green liquids, stripped screws, and impropeely sized thermal pads aren’t issues… Right? :roll_eyes:

I literally said nothing about the delays, you claim he’s fixed the issues, but have zero proof. Show me a v2 NEObox, except you can’t because they aren’t in the hands of the customers YET.

On the side or up front, it doesn’t matter. He promised a clean and fleshed out product, even though its a test unit. And I certainly didn’t get a clean one.

And now I’m done talking about that shit.

e:

Any significant issue with an ESC will get me to pop my top. Im literally gambling my life on ESCs while im out and about skating at 30+mph. I see what you mean, but its not undeserved anger in my eyes.

15 Likes

Yeah that is a fair point, but I agree, expecting a full price, full production unit for free is a lot, bc it would be a complete loss. Not like he can re use the old pcb even if they sent it back.

And besides, if it’s working fine then what’s the point of replacing it? Maybe I’m not understanding something but imo if it’s working, then it ain’t broke, so why fix it?

@Sn4Pz fair enough man. You make valid points, nothing against you. I just think that people are still freaking out about small things too much. I’ll eat my words later if I need to but I hope that doesn’t happen

I too would like to at least see pictures of the v2 but it’s not like life is back to normal there either

2 Likes

lucky boy haha i wish.

no real changes. Jeff told me that dhl returned the package on the 18th.

According to dhl the first package was returned to jeffs warehouse on the 24th. (?)

He told me it was re-sent to a new address i gave him between the 21st - 23rd.

edit : no update since

8 Likes

:flushed::pensive:

:sob:

1 Like

What I understood was the test batch units would be replaced if they had “problems” (there’s some wiggle room in that word). Given the context, that he’s doing this at cost as a favor to the forum, it’s a leap to assume free replacements for units that aren’t broken.

As for compensation, my understanding is the testers get shiny new stuff early. IIRC the pricing wasn’t set for prod batch #1 either, so potentially a discount.

This is why I waited for production units…

@Sn4Pz I feel you, but don’t buy beta/test stuff for gambling your life! :wink: Mostly teasing, as even the best escs can have problems. (TY for the deal on the vesc6)

9 Likes

But if I dont give the NEOboxes the full can of beans while testing, is it even considered real testing? I dont think cruising around at 15mph is data worth looking at :man_shrugging:

Youre welcome though :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I was also under the impression that we would be able to exchange for a production unit if improvements were made…

@Sn4Pz all valid points and reasons to be upset. I was lucky and got zero of your problems.

In the end, my units work flawlessly so Im happy

11 Likes

I’d buy your “defective” neoboxes if I still had any “fukkme” monies… but I’m tapped…

3 Likes

And im only 2 days away from finally riding again, so I dunno if I would even accept :wink: Honestly after thoroughly cleaning them, and drowning them in conformal coating, I think theyre good enough

Shoulda scooped my VESC6s when they were available

4 Likes

in my understanding the things @Dewitt mentioned are problems. The vesc works, but the things around it have problems. Even though its “just the case”, ee paid for it.

The price was set very early. It was a bit cheaper but increased to the price we have now. I asked if final production units cost more and that was denied.

3 Likes

I wouldnt mind a beta testers discount on a production set :wink: :wink:

2 Likes