variESC Tool [SRO]

If anyone else wants to test it, PM me.

This is the FOC decoupling setting that should be set to disabled, yeah? (The suggestion Gamer made) For some reason when I click on “read default” it goes back to BEMF :thinking:

Yeah I use DISABLED and that’s the variESC default.

1 Like

Not sure what makes it a default if it wasn’t set for me, but thanks :+1:

Oh, looks like that didn’t quite make it into the 5.02 release cycle.

Good catch, I’ll build a new version later.

1 Like

@b264 any chance you could make the tool for chromebook
pretty please?

also is the new 5.02 spintend firmware on the tool?

edit: what hardware version does spintedn come under. 75/300?

Just get a real laptop my guy.

8 Likes

VESC_UBOX_3.3V_100A

2 Likes

You should be able to get the Linux version to run with a bit of chrome OS tinkering. Or, if your laptop allows it, just install a normal Linux distribution like Ubuntu and live happily ever after

3 Likes

so tried in the past but it runs linux really badly

didnt see that as an option
do i have to download it from the firmware page?

It’s on the spintend website, just updated to 5.2. Download it and you then select it manually from custom firmware.

1 Like

ah nice thanks a lot

1 Like

I build the Linux version first and use it myself. I don’t have a Chromebook, but search online for making Ubuntu programs work. There should be some way to make that work.

1 Like

No, I am waiting for two folks to test it. If anyone can test it sooner, PM me.

It’s ready to merge, pending another successful test. One person reported it works fine.

1 Like

Once it merges, it’s called this:

1 Like

Might give the VariESC a shot later :slight_smile:

Are the stock battery amps still 99?
Is there a way to save ratios? I hate always having to set the Series count, Wheel/Motor pulley size and Wheel Size.

1 Like

Yes, I think we can all agree this is rubbish. I might look into lowering that default.

5 Likes

So do I just download from spintedn and put it in as a custom firmware?
Thanks

variESC Tool doesn’t support the Spintend Ubox right now but it’s ready to support it at a moment’s notice. If anyone has a working ubox and wants to upgrade to 5.2, PM me

2 Likes