[US] Precision DKP/TKP Trucks

I’m finally ready to start selling the precision DKP trucks that I designed and had CNC’d. Currently only selling complete DKP trucks. If there are any left over at the end of the month I’ll see about selling parts to make TKP or to turn TKP into DKP.

Hanger length: 177mm.

Included: the CNC’d truck parts (baseplate, 2nd pivot/bushing holder, hanger) and elos kingpins (2 per truck).

Not included: pivot cups, bushings, axles.

Price per set(USD): $300.00 $260.00 (2 DKP trucks) + shipping & paypal fees

Individual Component Pricing (each - does not include shipping or paypal fees):
Base Plate: $30.00 $25.00
Secondary Pivot/Bushing Holders: $64.00 $60.00 $50.00
Hanger: $77.00 $60.00 $55.00

Shipping will be via USPS priority flat rate box with full insurance from Gainesville FL. I am willing to ship outside of the US as long as it can go via USPS priority flat rate box (and you don’t mind waiting two months for delivery). On that note, if you are outside the US and want to have a bushing kit or axles (or other small stuff) shipped to me to be included as a single overseas shipment send me a DM and we can discuss.

I will ship out packages once a week (either Friday or Saturday depending on my schedule.

Images

These trucks take 10mm axles (Boardnamics 10mm fixed axles or 10mm shoulder bolts). If you wanted to run 8mm, you can use the BN 10-8 stepdown axles.

The pivot cups are the same size as what SurfRodz RKP/TKP trucks use. I recommend going with Riptide pivot cups and bushings. If you ask Brad nicely he might put together a box with the sizes listed in the Bushing Setup below. Edit: Riptide DKP Board Bushing Box for Verreal RS uses the same height and duro profile (65/65 shown below), but you must request the pivot cups to be replaced with cups for SurfRodz. Thank you to @TuneRaw for letting me know about this.

Bushing Setup

This is an example setup using Riptide Krank bushings listed from deck to street. Note the TWO bushing heights in parenthesis.

Front: large flat washer, 96A fat cone (0.6"), 96A street barrel (0.5"), flat washer, large cup washer, 93A barrel (0.6"), 93A street barrel (0.5"), flat washer
Rear: large flat washer, 96A Chubby (0.6"), 96A street barrel (0.5"), flat washer, large cup washer, 96A barrel (0.6"), 96A street barrel (0.5"), flat washer

I was running the 96A/93A setup above until recently where I switched to 93A/90A. At 175lbs they both feel great, but I get a little easier low speed turning with the 93/90.

@IDEA makes motor mounts that fit these trucks, just be sure to specify they are for these trucks. Two piece clamp mounts designed for SR trucks should work, but as these hangers are 0.5mm thicker than SR hangers your mileage may vary.

You can read more about the trucks here: Gauging interest in Precision DKP trucks

Thank you @rafaelinmissouri for testing them out and the feedback

Additional notes

These trucks are taller than Evolve DKP trucks, so you will probably be happiest running them drop through.

20 Likes

Is there going to be a way to run these gear drive? Guessing @IDEA could maybe come up with something?

1 Like

I discontinued the production of tooth drives last year.
Currently I can offer motor mounts for belt transmissions

4 Likes

It might be possible with @Boardnamics m1 street drives. But you’d need the surf rodz hex adapter, which isn’t listed but I heard he has some?

2 Likes

You have to dremel/file off 0.25mm from each side (0.5mm total) to fit

1 Like

I’ve put thousands of miles on the OG Metroboard trucks… exciting to see another DKP that isn’t trash, wish I had the money to pick a set up and experiment. What’s the fastest you’ve been on these so far?

I hit 28mph on them. Which is actually the fastest I’ve gone on any truck. I’m a slowpoke, usually carving between 15-20mph. But I haven’t had any twitchiness on these even for my “speed” run, they feel very predictable.

4 Likes

Hmm… definitely good that they’re confidence inspiring, although I definitely want to see more input from faster riders. In my experience quality DKP’s kinda go…

0-20mph: Perfection, love it, makes me horny just thinking about it
20-25mph: You can now tell that this is not an RKP truck, but you don’t feel unsafe
25-30mph: Noticeable additional motion when hitting bumps/cracks, very manageable with good form/weight distribution
30-35mph: Danger zone, still very doable in short bursts but wobbles kick on very easily here, and you can wreck your shit V E R Y quickly
35-40mph: I am no longer having any fun, this shit is straight up stressful and small weight management and form issues will nearly instantly cause bails
40-45mph: You die here, I’ve gotten to 42mph once on the Metro trucks and it was for bragging rights and I will never, ever do this again for any reason

7 Likes

I can’t see a reason to hit those speeds except bragging rights. I have no idea how these trucks would handle there. With the angled pivot it should still be pretty predictable.

But I wouldn’t want anyone to try. At those speeds your foot twitches, a bug hits you, you cough; and you go down. Doesn’t matter the setup. And that shit would eat me up knowing they were on my trucks.

Wouldn’t mind seeing someone comfy at mid-30s though

6 Likes

Whats the maximum motor size you can fit between these?

2 Likes

I’m going to add a little more to this. When I was repairing her board, my fiance had my Demonseed with ver 1 of these dkp trucks and was consistently hitting low 30s. Few weeks after she got her board back (split angle rkp setup) and she hit wobbles at 25mph and broke her humorous and thumb.

After watching her fall I’ve become a bit of a twat when it comes to her safety. More/better body armor. Remote that has never disconnects. Etc. That’s why I designed and built these trucks. Because I know at 25-30mph she would have been fine on the rev 1 dkp trucks. But they still had the risk of bolts snapping and I want to remove as much hardware risk as possible. So I made these.

She’ll fall again, cause she’s a bit crazy. But I know when it happens it will be her craziness that does it and not the board I built her. I’m comfortable with her hitting 30-35mph on these trucks. I’m still a slowpoke and live at 15-20 though :grin:

I have Maytec 6374s on mine. Maytec has that dimple though, so I’d say 80s would be max for non Maytec

ahh, gotcha. Any plans for wider hanger versions? I like my motors chunky haha

Not sure yet, but the kingpin/pivot setup is identical to Savage TKPs, so his hangers are an option for width

So I rebuilt my Demonseed DKP and put these on there.

I have probably 10 rides on these, but not a ton of miles because most outings were more around 5 miles.

I weigh 215, so probably closer to 225-230 with gear.

My third set up going back to 2017 was an Evolve Bamboo GT.

Since then I have pretty much had some set up running with the Evolve DKP trucks.

I have not tried any other DKP trucks.

I like riding different set ups and I do enjoy the vibe of DKP trucks for slow cruising around the neighborhood and chasing freshies.

I have never really tried to go fast on them.

I expect I never went more than 25 on my old Demonseed.

I had gotten a pretty decent bushings set up going with Riptide for the Evolve trucks so they were better for my weight and manageable at speed.

I have only ridden Thane set ups on DKP.

So I get the Third Demonseed going.

I used Riptide Bushings almost exactly the same as Razillian. With a couple of 93s in there instead of 96s…
And on the Street side I had the @fujio001 MAD Precision washers.

When I left the house I stopped after a few blocks and tightened the Deck side a little bit and I have not felt the need to make any other adjustments.

I have really been loving this board and I really enjoy the trucks.

They are quite different to me from the Evolve trucks.

These are really responsive and the lean is very predictable.

There is kinda of constant feedback as you are turning.

The Evolve trucks could be twitchy and they would drop hard sometimes when turning.

I did get to 25 on the Evolve trucks but didn’t really stay there.

I can get to 25 and hold it steady on these.

They are super playful and Divey at low speeds when you want to really dip, which I expect any DKP is… But yeah.

The carving felt great.
You can turn super tight.
I felt confidence at all speeds.

Hopefully folks can see some ride footage on this link…

8 Likes

I would also guess true 6380s is the wider you can go.

I don’t think you could squeeze 6384s in here.

That’s my style too. Enjoy the carve way more than speed.

2 Likes

Hi

Tomorrow I will be milling a batch of motor mounts for Razillian DKP truck, the mounts will be shipped for anodizing in about 2 weeks, if anyone is interested in ordering let me know.

More on the topic here

3 Likes

I noticed something in this pic. The roadside bushing cup is making contact with the truck. You can see the small silver indent.

3 Likes

I honestly didn’t design for precision cups there, but I can’t see how the boardside would be compressing enough to rub there.

Looking further, with the design, I can’t see that as being a rub. The kingpin is fully extended and it would take the aluminum of the secondary bushing/pivot to bend/compress or the boardside bushing to compress over 1/4" to hit there.

@rafaelinmissouri any ideas as those are yours? Tool marks maybe?

1 Like