[US] Precision DKP/TKP Trucks

@Razillian

I cant begin to describe my disappointment that im stuck on these 13.78" flipsky trucks… ill be watching this just in case you decide to do a wider run set-up to accommodate 84’s :yum:

3 Likes

Well.
First of all @fujio001 talk about an eagle eye.

@Razillian

I do think they must be from the washers.

It’s on both sides on the same spot…

There is no mark on the washer…
It’s the tiniest little rub.
It’s not happening on the Front.

I think there is a decent amount of room to be able to use these cup washers here.

4 Likes

What hanger length? 188 would accommodate those motors. If I sell off the stock I have I might have to just design for @Skyart’s biggest motor and call it a day :grin:

4 Likes

Actually that space is pretty tight. I have a similar issue with a Meepo TKP. You may want to try a flat washer in the most roadside position. If you need more stiffness because of the flat bushing, you could change the most roadside Krank to 96a.

Interesting that you have a 93a in the most boardside position since that usually where you put the stiffest bushing.

4 Likes

I’m ok with it as is.
I expect that would be a small change. But I am digging how it is. And I cant see the slight rubbing doing anything really bad.
I am trying to figure out how to mount a camera to capture how hard I have to leave to have it touch.
I could not get it to just by hand.

That was more of a function of me having those on hand than choice.
But I also figured it would be close enough between 93 and 96 just on that spot. since the shape of those bushings is restrictive too.
On the Evolve trucks I had 96 barrels.

1 Like

Just realized you had answered this question in this forum already, is there any chance i could then buy everything other than the hanger, to replace it with a savage1 hanger?

3 Likes

Yea, I’ll update the main post with individual part prices on Friday.

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks!

In that case, @Savage1 , how much for a set of just hangers, and whats the largest motor size i can throw on there? Any compatibility with BN M1 drives?

3 Likes

I’ve updated the main post with pricing for individual parts as well as some added info re bushing setup.

Awesome, all i need now is a quote from @Savage1 on those hangers haha.

They do work with M1’s after machining some clearance for the motors.
They hangers would include axels. As far a price, I’ll think that over, and get back to you.
By far the bulk of the price for my trucks comes from the hangers, as they are made from one large solid block, lots of waste and machining.

2 Likes

Gotcha, im not too picky so if you have any blem units or test prototypes im open to that too, working on a college student budget and this build is for a capstone engineering project, not a showpiece :joy:

Also, whats the largest motors i can run with the M1’s and hangers

1 Like

Any update on a price quote for the hangers, and max motor length on there with BN M1’s?

1 Like

Will you ever release a bolt together version? Something made from smaller billets that’s more pocket friendly?

1 Like

Honestly im not sure that would make a huge difference, youd be milling smaller billets, but youd be introducing a lot of complexity to design a hanger that can bolt together, and potentially adding points of failure. If im wrong though, that would definitely be neat, as it could have some huge implications, like the ability to have a hanger change its bushing seat from that of a TKP to an RKP, swap out hanger width easier, etc.

Checking in again on if you’ve got an update on hanger only price, thanks

Do you know of any other options for wider hangers or ways to run BN M1’s and 6485 motors with this setup?

FRIDAY, there is one every week.

That doesnt answer the question?

2 Likes

Few questions - what are the primary difference between your baseplates and standard SR TKP baseplates? Would SR adjustable TKP baseplates work with your parts?