[US] Precision DKP/TKP Trucks

No real difference actually.

They should, although I’ve never held an adjustable tkp baseplate in my hands so it’s just an educated guess.

1 Like

What do you mean?

I’ve run these for 2 seasons with riptide bushings, and they’ve been a pain in the butt to fine tune.

From my experience, they are probably most suitable for 30-35mph max speed, and not the 40mph many of us chase for clout.

1 Like

I merely mean that i dislike having anything flipsky on my board. I’d much prefer something like these but the narrow width won’t accommodate the 84’s so im stuck on the flipsky trucks.

Now that you mention it, I’d very much be interested in something like a VS video between all DKPs available on similarly setup boards. To help quantify why Flipsky has such a reputation.

Then maybe top DKPs vs top TKPs & RKPs. Would be a great source of comparative information.

Maybe if we can pool some interest together for a set of wider hangers to be made? Theyre just surf rods TKP hangers so there should be a fair amount of interest there haha. @Razillian how many people would have to be interested to get a small run of wider hangers done?

Alternatively i think @Savage1 tkp hangers work here? Still waiting on a price for hangers only though haha.

1 Like

Its that i dont trust their QC, ive snapped motor mounts which is insanely dangerous and ive not read of any other manufacturers have this sort of fail, the release of the VX4 was an epic fail and extremely concerning, i got a canbus cable off them that wasnt twisted or shielded so will ultimately have to make myself, it just seems that there is no care or support, id prefer to support players who give a shit and produce quality

This must have been unpleasant to deal with. I’ve even heard of Flipsky 8mm trucks being snapped under power.

I had a set of the flipsky 15.2 DKP’s bend at the hanger before lol. Despite the 10mm axle and all.

1 Like

When i was looking for wider dkp i was initially going to go with them, i got concerned about that happening so went the middle ground, their quality is questionable, and their practices are scary.

I hope that didnt end in pain for you

How wide are we talking? I’d probably have to come up with a slightly different hanger design to mechanically support additional width.

A friend just picked up a new cnc mill, so I might be able to convince him to do a small batch run. But they’d be bare metal (which I think is sexy anyway)

1 Like

I use these all the time idk what to say im 240lbs and have never had reliability issues. Wondering if someone was jumping and what not…

Anywhere around 220 would be perfect for me haha. Wider than that is overkill for my uses, i just need to fit 6485’s (MAAAYBE 6495’s) and BN M1’s. Bare metal is totally fine by me, actually matches the theme better lol.

I’m down to put some cash down upfront for a set of wider hangers and the dkp parts if it wouldnt be too crazy of a price lol

Turned out fine for me, i caught it before it failed significantly.

I would be interested in a set of wider hangers should a small batch or group buy be feasible.

1 Like

I’m too lazy to look, what truck mounting patterns do the m1s have available? If I’m going to design a new hanger, might as well make the mounting compatible :thinking:

I think its just a square pattern by default, caliber 2 iirc? I can measure for you, give me one second.

And how deep into the mount would the trucks have to go?

18.3mm x 18mm (measured on my BN220’s, BN270’s)

@Boardnamics if you can clarify that would probably be best lol.

The silver section that slides around the hangers is roughly 20mm deep, and the black casing is another 3.2mm past that.

If you want, i can actually just ship you a BN hanger and M1 geardrive to test fitment on and measure off of lol.

1 Like

I think I still have a bn hanger in my random parts box. It’s the shortest one he makes (145?) but I imagine the dimensions are the same. I’ll see what I can come up with for a design.

3 Likes