Gauging interest in Precision DKP trucks

What is the width of the hanger and can I run them in a TKP configuration? I was thinking about changing out just the front truck of the Meepo Voyager to help with carving.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly yes you can run it in TKP. I think I remember Andrew saying you could even use the Savage hangars

2 Likes

177mm hanger length.

No problems running as TKP, although the ones I sent out for testing in a tkp config are still in transit.

The bushing/pivot profile is the same as the Savage tkps, so you should be able to use his wider hanger with these. Although I’m still hoping he’ll (finally) do the 180mm hanger run so he can take my money

2 Likes

Since I would like to use one only in the front, wonder if I can get longer axles so I can add a 1cm spacer in each side.

Don’t know if you already have some on the way, but it depends on the axles which you buy to install onto the hangar right?

Dear Santa.

For Christmas this year I would like the silky black IdeaTB mounts to go with these buttery trucks…

1 Like

I started setting up my trucks last night.

I will get to push them around analog a bit later this afternoon.

I’m having a hard time getting over to my father in law’s to drill out the adapter clamps.
But soon…

Now I know these two things are not the same…
But it’s what I had to compare to…

6 Likes

Damn it! I need to give these a go!

Those are some really long axles.

Any plans to make longer hangers?

You have any sets left by chance? Im really debating it now haha.

I think Andrew (@Razillian) hasn’t opened it up for sale yet, still awaiting feedback I believe.

Ill gladly beta test them :crazy_face:

This is correct. I don’t want to be the guy who sells off something that’s designed wrong. That said, I’ve got about 150 miles on my two builds running them and aside from the initial problems i had with the filed down mounts they have been great. The new mounts from @IDEA fit like a glove and have been solid the last 100 miles.

Just hoping for some feedback (positive or negative) from the units I sent out and I’ll open up a sales thread. I have 10 pairs ready to ship when that happens.

7 Likes

Sales thread up: [US] Precision Double Kingpin Trucks

4 Likes

It would appear that the pivot cups I ordered have been lost in transit over the christmas break :expressionless:

Was looking forward to getting back from holidays to test these out with the 88wheels mcflys.

The vendor has agreed to replace them though, so I should have them soon :partying_face:

Will set them up on a push board to start with, and then hopefully get them electrified in the coming months.

4 Likes

No way.
@Razillian you are getting Al @glyphiks to ride DKPs?

Wowsers

Meant to tag the people who were interested when I threw up the sales thread, so tagging now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@fujio001
@tipsy
@Africaans
@bearlyrecognized
@AVID1
@jkoljo
@Ac53n

3 Likes

Nah, I figured that was a lost cause. Sent him a TKP config instead

Edit: if I thought he’d actually try dkp I’d send him the middle piece. And a couple pints of blood to replace what he’d lose just opening the package :rofl:

2 Likes

I should have known better…
Brain fart.

But that also reminds me I need to try mine TKP

3 Likes

What was your price again, and what motors can i throw between the stock hangers? If its less than 85mm motor length, what are my options for wider hangers that would work?

Planning out a build and its between these or SRB 3 links lol.