Turnigy 20000mAh 6s lipo battery

Yeah I could. But this is a esk8 forum :grinning:
All I can say is, that this is so much more fun at the moment, than my trampa boards.

Me and a friend, both have trampa boards , comming from the esk8 World, the vesc was the obvius choice. So my friend bought the vesc 75/300. All I can say is, that vesc is not ready for bigger motors yet. We had so much trouble with no power, and wrong detections. In the end the vesc gave the magic smoke. Now we both run a sinwave votol controller, with field weakening. This is night and day, we have so much more power now. You can se my friends gokart here, running his old setup with the vesc75 and the DAVEega fucking up (because of vesc75), it did only 50kmh.

6 Likes

That definitely looks like fun!
I would go for something like this if I would have enough space and tools to build my own.

3 Likes

I have the space, but I don’t have spare money for that

3 Likes

It’s almost the same price, as a good trampa build

4 Likes

How’s that? You need a much bigger battery, bigger motor, bigger controller. And I guess a kart won’t be much less than a Trampa board?

What motor do you use?

P.S. seems like Frank is a fan :smile:

1 Like

In big numbers.

I bought a used gokart for 512usd, and sold the gasolin motor for 150usd.

I use this combo : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32945824599.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.d2106a546hPBgc&algo_pvid=3db010a8-8f5a-40f0-89a3-45d1cdfdbf07&algo_expid=3db010a8-8f5a-40f0-89a3-45d1cdfdbf07-3&btsid=cb5ace86-c45f-479b-be35-6628159243dc&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5,searchweb201603_53

At the moment, I use 40 of these cells : https://batteryhookup.com/collections/green-friday-weekend-deals/products/4-200a-lithium-polymer-3-7v-8ah-flat-pouch-cells-lipo-batteries

Then a custom motor mount, the rear pulley, belt, throttle, wires, plugs etc.

Yes he is. But he couldn’t help regarding setting the vesc75 up for the motor, so my friend bought the same controller I use instead.

2 Likes

What the hell is that? A 200A discharge, 8Ah lithium cell? For $4? :smiley:

1 Like

Yes sire… Killer deal… Thats why I went with them in the first place. They are used cells though… But they are big (because of the greate C rating) So I do not have space for more that 2p (16 amp) Thats why im looking at li-po´s at the moment, which have a more compact design (density) Maybe they do not have the same good C rating and lifetime, but if I could do a 2p setup with these it would help, and would bring the amp draw down on the single packs.

1 Like

I’m slightly aroused right now.

1 Like

I have 48 of these cells waiting here to do this.
Thinking about going up to 60+

Also waiting for a 20S vesc, and to get a 20S motor etc etc…

4 Likes

Vesc can’t do field weakening. I gain like 25% more speed when using field weakening. And the vesc fw do not detect big motors very well. At the moment I would not use vesc for other than esk8 and ebike wheels.

My fingers is crossd for a 100v field weakening vesc some day :grinning:

2 Likes

Its been on the to-do list for quite some time tho, think its started but not finnished. Been awhile since I spoke to Ben now @Trampa might know more.

Problem is mostly that motors >10kW are crazy expensive so not alot have been tried. So far Ben has run it on a hand full of big ones, noone which seemed to fail(from what I know). So maybe report what motors is causing your problem :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The VESC’s L and & R measurements are completely off from what my LCR measures, maybe that has something to do with it? FOC should theoretically scale up to any sized motor, so long as the P and I gain are adjusted accordingly for the measured L & R.

Also, field weakening is impossible for a PMSM, since well, the field is created by permanent magnets.

1 Like

Filed weakening has been done on VESCs and we will probably see a menu bar for that in the near future.
Big motor detection is not an issue. You may not want to use the wizard though. Vedder will ad a bigger motor to the wizard soon.

The VESC’s L and & R measurements are completely off

Maybe just by a factor. The VESC might measure only one phase and not across all phases. It depends on the value.

1 Like

heard the same about the tattuu lipos.

1 Like

So No one in here, using those turnigy batteries :astonished:

Regarding vesc. The moment we have a 100v vesc with field weakening, and is working reliable for bigger motors (officiel specs off mine is 3000watt and v-slot magnets) I come back

2 Likes

Sorry for my ignorance but is field weakening a software sided feature or hardware?

1 Like

Using them for spot welder. 3s2p pack. Pretty good. Big foot print.

I used these nickel plated copper foil clamps:

https://www.te.com/usa-en/search.html?q=Foil&source=header

2 Likes

Tattu is still selling these:

I have 4 atm. Might get more.

I pulled 200a for a second out of a 12s pack with out puff or too much heat. 65a average.

3 Likes

Do you how many cycles you have on yours? My turnigys got the slightest bit puffy on their 2nd or 3rd charge and now its past 50charges I can barely close my enclosure <|:(.

1 Like