Turnigy 20000mAh 6s lipo battery

@MoeStooge and @davidbonde have used them in an 8s configuration for the stoogerace boards. The big bad race winning board uses packs from Maxamps.

3 Likes

200amp in a 1 or 2p config. ?

Is anyone else thinking about the monstrously large packs that could be built with these?
Iā€™ve been doing some drawing for an at-style build lately and with the enclosure space I have laid out on that I could fit something like 60 of these cells inā€¦

Theyā€™re far less dense than liion cells but the price makes them so tantalizingā€¦

150km rangeā€¦

2 Likes

Mind that those cells are actually LiPos and not Liions, although they are advertised as lithium ion.
Also they are used and more like 6-7Ah according to some guy on the old forum. And they are very heavy compared to 18650s.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been asking and asking if anyone was doing this or whether or not it would work ok. You da man!

Guess I should assemble my KWeld and slap some spin08HP together. I need a 3S BMS and charger for the setup too I suppose.

Iā€™m testing my extra cells at the moment. The first one was 7.68Ah from 3.2 - 4.15v

3 Likes

I just bought a pair so I hope they hold up! Will be throwing a smart BMS in front to make sure they donā€™t puff

Interestingā€¦
Do they sag much?

1 Like

@Silverline 1p. 2 6s tattus in series.
I shrink wrapped and armored mine.
For size comparison, unfinished pack on right is a 6s of spim08 pouches. They would roughly take up 4x the space to a comparable tattu pack.

@Fosterqc
I use the little RC volt checkers. Some have low voltage programmable alarms. Then use a hobby charger to charge faster and have the ability to monitor p group IRs.

At the end of the day, just use a high C hrb 3s pack. 60$, done and done.

3 Likes

Ugh I hate going to hobbyking for just one thing.

Iā€™ll wait for them to have xt90s in stock, and probably just pick up a graphene lipo.

The spin08HP cells probably wouldnā€™t last very long being used with a spot welder.

@Silverline
Here is a turn key solution, pricey but easy.
https://www.genstattu.com/tattu-plus-25c-22000mah-12s1p-as150-smart-lipo-battery.html

1 Like

Looks pretty nice yesā€¦ But a bit pricey, since iĀ“m on 20s

@Jordicious I have some voltage sag when pulling 180 ampā€¦
Iā€™m going to replace cell 19, and hopefully it will help a little bit.

I am working on a project with the same pouch cells.
Looks like you connected them with two aluminum strips and couple bolts to 2x 10s1p?
Why did you choose this setup?

No they are in parallel to by to. But yesā€¦ Cncā€™d alu 1050 bus bars

3 Likes

Nice! I might take a similar route.
Did you try just 2 bus bars instead of 3?

Yeahā€¦ It is to much difference in length between the middle battery tabs and the outer, when you squeeze them together. The busbars is 4mm thick. If i should build a new one, i would go for 8mm thick for the one in the middle

Asked at the track what battery they use. He couldnā€™t answer much but showed me their pile of old batteries and the cells.

5 Likes

Men bruger du de omtalte Turnigy ?

Nej - De sagnomspundne Tattu. 25c 10.000 4s
The ones you ask about are topo little C

Those look like 200a discharge headway batteries. Seems to check out if theyā€™re powering gokarts.

1 Like