200A discharge 3.7V 8AH flat pouch lithium ion cells

Do you have solidworks ? Ah wait I have solidworks let’s see

Need to add detail to my spim08hp model

This is important

2 Likes

Not sure if I follow, sorry ^^

I am trying to figure which ones to order, but i cant find any smaller foil terminals than the 329656

1 Like

I just finished making the new cell model with highly accurate detail on the tab. Fairly certain they are identical each side but should check.

spim08hp cell.SLDPRT (115.4 KB)
they are

WOW REALLY I USED NO KEYWORDS WTF WAS I DOIN

CAD MODEL SPIM08hp 200a cell file.

3 Likes

https://www.te.com/usa-en/product-51943.html
this one is also too big, but at least two rows should have contact.
Who ordered the right ones?

3 Likes

@Arzamenable used something, and I thought I ordered what he got. He didn’t seem to have to cut them idk let me look at his pics again.

1 Like

10hammeredjasonsvesc7

2 Likes

So they must exist. But I wasted too much time on their page already.

@Arzamenable Would you be so kind as to let us know the part number of your clamps?

2 Likes

damn he got fucking close as fuck the the tiny plastic insulation for the tabs, I mean I did to but closer than I would be comfortable going

ohnooooo who could have possibly predicted this??

2 Likes

I might be interested too if you can find a viable shipping service and want to split costs.

So all the regular shipping services do support shipping batteries as long as they are declared properly. The issue is that parcel forwarding services don’t support batteries, so would need someone to accept them and repack them for international shipping

Guessing the website doesn’t support international shipping directly?

1 Like

Nah US shipping only, but its free which is sweet

2 Likes

$5 a cell.

1 Like

1 Like

whooooooooooooooooooooooooo

damn. might as well go 21700

1 Like

I spent $16 on shrink wrap (shit Ace hardware prices) for this project. That’s more than half the cost of the cells in the battery. The cells are probably like 1/3 or a 1/4 of the cost of the pack. It’s wacky.

3 Likes

I’m at Serineh’s house. No Eskate stuff here. Let me look through email receipt history.

I also closed those crimps with a vice. So, that helps. I sold a few bits of neglected gear and am jettisoning projects I don’t love.

I’ll finish my packs in 4s configurations. Bc @MoeStooge at 8s, me at 12s, and future me at 16s all might have a use for them.

6 Likes

Don’t try to make a tall stack like mine with the vice method. You would need about 7 hands.

My pack is ready to charge up

This was the cause of no reading the the balance lead. Making sure you get the wires flat before crimping and having no cold solder is important. I’m lucky this was the very top/bottom cell I did first before I figured out what I was doing.

2 Likes

Easier said than done, I am aware of this. It’s like surgery on a semi conscious electric eel

:rofl:

3 Likes

#iimmediatelyregretthisdecision

4 Likes