200A discharge 3.7V 8AH flat pouch lithium ion cells

@Arzamenable you were right dead simple to solder on those. It just felt very right.

I just need to plan out my balance leads (first time BMS wirer) and figure out what my length wire for the series connections.

4 Likes

Jumping on this wagon. Should be a good easy fit for racing. Ordered packs and hopefully testing at the Evolve open track day Mar28. V4 with the new SRB race wheels. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:Thanks for the tip :checkered_flag:

11 Likes

I think this route would have been good for me, I thought jehu had bolted them together but the tool/method he uses seems good. Wish I had considered it first, these clamps are still useful for attaching things to the cell terminals.

I thinking about using the clamps to hold the cells together like jehu does with the grommets. They would need some reinforcement so I’m thinking about that now.

It’s either that or clamping them on each cell before soldering, because I don’t know how I would crimp the crimps on the cells once they are stacked up. Crimping them with a big wire soldered on seems a little hard too.

1 Like

@moestooge Keep me in the loop for how these workout!

I might try and find a way to make these work with my battery bay thing on the racing thread…

1 Like

Anyone bought these from here? https://www.batteryclearinghouse.com/products/3-7v-8ah-200a-lithium-ion-power-spim08hp

On another note, anyone in the US able to ship batteries to Australia without draining my bank?

2 Likes

That’s where @Fosterqc got his 100 pack

2 Likes

@DEEIF Will do.
@kalebludlow with free shipping its worth throwing bad money at. Roll the dice!

2 Likes

@kalebludlow I got mine from there too

1 Like

Open the “accordion”, do work, insulate, close the “accordion”

Easier said than done, I am aware of this. It’s like surgery on a semi conscious electric eel.

4 Likes

I tried the grommets too, ok, not great. The mating pressure/tension (?) between the tabs didn’t feel ready for the 200a everyone yearns for.

1 Like

That 8s life must be nice.

Having an enclosure that struck me as almost a “hull” with room enough for probably a spare wheel must also be nice. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thank you for the encouragement.

Will put in a good effort today.

@Arzamenable
I’m having an issue where the foil clamps are too deep and would punture the cell foil if I pushed them in so all the teeth go into the tab. I don’t think you mentioned anything about this, did you crimp them so only 3/5 of the teeth were in the tab? (see pics)

1 Like

Well, first you gotta get more heat into the solder Joint prior to crimping.

We might have ordered different crimps.

2 Likes

damn, I ordered the ones you linked, I should have done my own measurements to check.

That first one looks little rough, it has good contact I tried to add more solder on top and that got cold because of the copper wire taking the heat away. The last pic shows the much better second one.

haha gotta tear that first one off anyway so don’t worry.

Good to know that that source is gonna be good. Any services that will let me ship batteries overseas that won’t cost an arm and a leg? I’m happy with slow sea shipping

3 Likes

caveman solutions

just a tester, I think this method could work for me.

just got a vice set up with plastic jaws, as sson aas I figure out my balance leads I’m good to go

5 Likes

I realize of all the people who should have known the clips were the wrong size… was me and my cad models haha

I did not get detailed enough with the tabs (I didn’t take the tape off the cell I measured and made the drawing from)

1 Like

I seriously recommend the aluflux. hold your breath when soldering and its nothing to it. So much easier.

1 Like

late night struggles with my last cell

1 Like