Turnigy 20000mAh 6s lipo battery

The VESC’s L and & R measurements are completely off from what my LCR measures, maybe that has something to do with it? FOC should theoretically scale up to any sized motor, so long as the P and I gain are adjusted accordingly for the measured L & R.

Also, field weakening is impossible for a PMSM, since well, the field is created by permanent magnets.

1 Like

Filed weakening has been done on VESCs and we will probably see a menu bar for that in the near future.
Big motor detection is not an issue. You may not want to use the wizard though. Vedder will ad a bigger motor to the wizard soon.

The VESC’s L and & R measurements are completely off

Maybe just by a factor. The VESC might measure only one phase and not across all phases. It depends on the value.

1 Like

heard the same about the tattuu lipos.

1 Like

So No one in here, using those turnigy batteries :astonished:

Regarding vesc. The moment we have a 100v vesc with field weakening, and is working reliable for bigger motors (officiel specs off mine is 3000watt and v-slot magnets) I come back

2 Likes

Sorry for my ignorance but is field weakening a software sided feature or hardware?

1 Like

Using them for spot welder. 3s2p pack. Pretty good. Big foot print.

I used these nickel plated copper foil clamps:

https://www.te.com/usa-en/search.html?q=Foil&source=header

2 Likes

Tattu is still selling these:

I have 4 atm. Might get more.

I pulled 200a for a second out of a 12s pack with out puff or too much heat. 65a average.

3 Likes

Do you how many cycles you have on yours? My turnigys got the slightest bit puffy on their 2nd or 3rd charge and now its past 50charges I can barely close my enclosure <|:(.

1 Like

@MoeStooge and @davidbonde have used them in an 8s configuration for the stoogerace boards. The big bad race winning board uses packs from Maxamps.

3 Likes

200amp in a 1 or 2p config. ?

Is anyone else thinking about the monstrously large packs that could be built with these?
I’ve been doing some drawing for an at-style build lately and with the enclosure space I have laid out on that I could fit something like 60 of these cells in…

They’re far less dense than liion cells but the price makes them so tantalizing…

150km range…

2 Likes

Mind that those cells are actually LiPos and not Liions, although they are advertised as lithium ion.
Also they are used and more like 6-7Ah according to some guy on the old forum. And they are very heavy compared to 18650s.

5 Likes

I’ve been asking and asking if anyone was doing this or whether or not it would work ok. You da man!

Guess I should assemble my KWeld and slap some spin08HP together. I need a 3S BMS and charger for the setup too I suppose.

I’m testing my extra cells at the moment. The first one was 7.68Ah from 3.2 - 4.15v

3 Likes

I just bought a pair so I hope they hold up! Will be throwing a smart BMS in front to make sure they don’t puff

Interesting…
Do they sag much?

1 Like

@Silverline 1p. 2 6s tattus in series.
I shrink wrapped and armored mine.
For size comparison, unfinished pack on right is a 6s of spim08 pouches. They would roughly take up 4x the space to a comparable tattu pack.

@Fosterqc
I use the little RC volt checkers. Some have low voltage programmable alarms. Then use a hobby charger to charge faster and have the ability to monitor p group IRs.

At the end of the day, just use a high C hrb 3s pack. 60$, done and done.

3 Likes

Ugh I hate going to hobbyking for just one thing.

I’ll wait for them to have xt90s in stock, and probably just pick up a graphene lipo.

The spin08HP cells probably wouldn’t last very long being used with a spot welder.

@Silverline
Here is a turn key solution, pricey but easy.
https://www.genstattu.com/tattu-plus-25c-22000mah-12s1p-as150-smart-lipo-battery.html

1 Like

Looks pretty nice yes… But a bit pricey, since i´m on 20s

@Jordicious I have some voltage sag when pulling 180 amp…
I’m going to replace cell 19, and hopefully it will help a little bit.