200A discharge 3.7V 8AH flat pouch lithium ion cells

I’m pretty sure you weren’t speaking literally but 20s5p is 100 cells…

Anyways, for a motorcycle I think 1000amps should be easily enough, Sur Ron runs 800amps and 60v.

2 Likes

Yeah I realized that, which is why I was thinking it was a little crazy. Maybe I’ll look for used electric car battery units. I don’t really need all 1,000 amps, I plan on using about half that. The motor that I’m looking at can handle 72 volts at 450 amps peak.

2 Likes

ME1616?

I don’t see your idea as crazy. I’m looking at these cells for a DIY EV build. If you are having trouble looking for components such as chargers, DC-DC converters, controllers etc slide into the dms

2 Likes

added some photos of the package I got today.

over 33 lb boxes idk how they ship these for free

oh and I wanted to mention that they are actually packed properly. not floating around a box getting banged up, they are touching another cell but they have the flexible edges so thats ok prob.

5 Likes

These are my best bet for easily connecting all 160 easily I guess. No acid flux and shit lol.

could you give more pics/info on the process?

1 Like

:exploding_head:, u got that many cells?

I soldered balance leads and pack mains to clamps, them pinched them down with a vice grip plier. Then stuck in a vice with nylon pads to completely mush together. It is a pain only in that your serial connections are real close to each other if you are doing accordion style stacking.

3 Likes

Jesus that thing is massive - I’m running a 10s1p on my Jank. even going to 12s2p would be a stretch on something like an Atom 90.

1 Like

haha yeah that’s why I was trying to get info about those crimp things before i spend uhhhhhhhhhhh

on them.

1 Like

Oh, 160 crimps :+1:, no wait you are serious.

I tried to make my own with copper tubing I hammered out. That was a shit show. Even if easy, the copper will corrode, which matters if you have a pack the size of the bus they originally came from

I made a few of my own crimps with punched holes that kinda gave them teeth like the commercial ones, but the grip was lacking.

2 Likes

I’m deaf fucking serious.

I found these ones with a barrel thing to put 10awg wire in.
https://www.te.com/usa-en/product-2-329254-4.html

pr2312005a pr2312003a

cost like nothing more, should I avoid them so I can use larger 8 awg wire? is that necessary even on a go kart?

I like the reliable connection they would have on the wire.

4 Likes

The plain flat ones were very easy to solder on. I would not use those barrel connections with only mechanical crimp.

1 Like

Do you have vesc telemetry for what current draws vs time looks like?

2 Likes

hmm I have a bkb bluetooth module. Not sure if that would do it…

1 Like

Those packaging peanuts seem a bit pointless on a 33lb brick :sweat_smile:

Seems like they all arrived intact, but I’d be nervous if I were the postman lol

2 Likes

there was a big cut on the box, didn’t go through the bubble wrap thankfully.

Those 31 cent foil clamps add up quick. They are costing me scarily close to what I paid for like 1/3 these cells.

What Esc are you using?

1 Like

Focbox og x4. two are 1.6 other 2 are 1.7 idk if the CAN is broken on the 1.6’s I don’t think so.

planning on getting the Torque ESC asap

I have an AWD haggy drivetrain 6374s

also an awd boardnamics with 6355s

1 Like

Oh, I thought maybe a gokart. Unless you plan on pulling outrageous amps, a single crimp and maybe a 1-2 rivet on either side would be enough for series connections.

1 Like

the rivets hold the foil clamp on? don’t know what you mean.

1 Like