200A discharge 3.7V 8AH flat pouch lithium ion cells

hmm I have a bkb bluetooth module. Not sure if that would do it…

1 Like

Those packaging peanuts seem a bit pointless on a 33lb brick :sweat_smile:

Seems like they all arrived intact, but I’d be nervous if I were the postman lol

2 Likes

there was a big cut on the box, didn’t go through the bubble wrap thankfully.

Those 31 cent foil clamps add up quick. They are costing me scarily close to what I paid for like 1/3 these cells.

What Esc are you using?

1 Like

Focbox og x4. two are 1.6 other 2 are 1.7 idk if the CAN is broken on the 1.6’s I don’t think so.

planning on getting the Torque ESC asap

I have an AWD haggy drivetrain 6374s

also an awd boardnamics with 6355s

1 Like

Oh, I thought maybe a gokart. Unless you plan on pulling outrageous amps, a single crimp and maybe a 1-2 rivet on either side would be enough for series connections.

1 Like

the rivets hold the foil clamp on? don’t know what you mean.

1 Like

Aluminum rivets. Steel will is pretty hard to use with hand tools.
Glarks Heavy Duty Riveter Set, 210Pcs Aluminum Blind Rivets Assortment Kit and a Professional Pop Rivet Gun for Sheet Metal, Automotive, Railway, and Duct Work (Rivet Gun with Rivets Set) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VDS66V8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_FTxyEb7H5MPBH

2 Likes

haha ive got pretty buff doing steel rivets in thick aluminum with cheap harbor freight hand crimpers.

One time at a robotics comp I smashed my thumb with the tool and got a black nail from a extra stubborn steel rivet.

what do the rivets hold to the tab?

do you mean that you press the tabs of the who cells together when you use the foil crimp? then the rivets hold them together for extra support while the foil takes the current? not clear sorry.

I thought I was soldering short wires to the foil clamps so the cells tab would not be bolted to each other, but the idea above isn’t bad.

The rivets are to help hold the accordion, zig zag pack orientation of the cell packs together.

This was mainly a suggestion to cut down on cost of expensive foil clamps. If u got em already l, use them. Down side to rivets is they are harder to insulate from touching adjacent rivets on other series connections.
Just a suggestion. I wouldn’t want to mess with rivets again. Foil tabs are curiously hard to drill. Even with a press

1 Like

Given the amount of cells I have, I could get enough foil clamps to make the four 12S1P packs for the pelican case and see if I like them enough to get more. Free shipping so no real issue.

I think they are worth it, I could make 13 12S packs and the $110 in tabs for them all goes down to $10/pack

really not bad. just another large purchase.

1 Like

Also consider some of those cell might be bunk. Mine came with various different colored tapes and markings/serial numbers. As expected they had various different capacities and IRs.

The most used looked cells ended up being the worst and I set two cells aside bc they were significantly worse than the others. So, judge a book by its cover if your lazy, if you got the time, check actual capacity under load of a few cells or all

1 Like

I have a imax b6 and a lot of time to sort them.

I guess I’ll match capacity/IR into 12 cells packs. I definity don’t need every singe one but I hope like 90%+ are usable.

I sorted them out into groups that looked like they came from the same application or pack. Then Tested one from each group.

I’m curious to see what your cells looked like. Can u post a big picture of several cells with visible markings?

1 Like

you are kinda talking about where it looks like they were held with adhesive? did not pay attention to that before.

I might want to walk back on this.

I’m a kid who has received a bag of extremely spicy candy. at least they are packed tight unlike battery hookup.
I’ll get you better pics when I really unpack them.

left battery hookup cell with slight damage right batt clearing house

2 Likes

I’m not in IOS there is an android equivalent right?

Look at the serial numbers on them and wear patterns. I don’t know if there was code with tape. I had 4 colors.

Group them as best I can. I drank a 6 pack, laid them out over entire living room and hemmed and hawed for a bit when grouping them.

Kinda worth some effort, but don’t go nuts. The pack i use to spot weld has a weak cell that I wish I would have put in a different pack. But that’s spot welding duty. Different current draws

2 Likes

Pretty sure xmatic is in playstore

1 Like

box1vs box2

kinda equal number of the colors.

prob bunch of workers putting the tape on and not all using the same color on the same batch I would guess.

I don’t have an Android. If I did, I’d use this.

I think it will do telemetry right? Dunno, may not matter that much. I recommended getting an app to so you could gauge how much current you pull over periods of time, not just single spikes. That way u could decide to make your busbars and serial connections appropriately thick.

If you are gonna use 8awg, go nuts and beef up busbars, you don’t need records, but it can help if you are having issues later.

1 Like