tomiboiesk8 integrated decks are now available!!!

I haven’t tested them without the wood divider and couldn’t recommend removing it. When I router the pocket a lot of material is removed. The wood divider keeps the deck from pinching in in the middle.

5 Likes

you sell all 12 yet?

1 Like

I guess the main “disadvantage” of this is that you’d only be able to sell these decks with DIYers capable of making their own battery packs. (Or commissioning someone to do it)

Slightly more involved, but well worth it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It certainly is a niche, but it seems like there are enough people with the skills here to at least keep me busy… for now.

I’m making them to order right now. 1-2 weeks to ship depending on the level of finish. Within the next two weeks, I’ll have two different lengths of AT style decks and a new mid-sized drop-deck available on the site.

As far as commissioning batteries goes, @ZachTetra and @Skyart have some experience with these, and they also got skills :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Man these are beautiful!! if anyone wants a custom pack, if i may speak for @ZachTetra its probbaly best to ship us the decks, the cutouts require very specific battery construction, and need to be fitted to the deck.

7 Likes

Yes and no, the new decks have a bigger cut out and should readily accept a 12s2p 21700 block but the wire management is a little weirder (needs different slots in the bulk head)

However by sending the battery in the enclosure it is much more secure as the deck holds the battery in place and protects from moisture and abuse

This is my example of what it looks like, most of these are ideal for an XXs2p 21700 or XXs3p 18650

Shameless plugs!

8 Likes

I’ve got them standardized now. Three sizes. If you ever need to see one of the compartments mocked up with some cells, I can put together pics for you :wink: I’ll even make origami ESCs and BMSs so you can see how it all fits together :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The new Pale-horse and long-AT compartments can hold 16s4p 21700 if you put the BMS and ESC in an external box, and a cozy 13s4p 21700 with everything inside.

8 Likes

What happened with shuas? Did it switch hands? Was there ever a build thread?

1 Like

It switched hands. The design evolved into the Murder-hornet 32.5" kick-tail. I did a build thread for that one and have been beating it up all summer.

https://forum.esk8.news/t/my-murder-hornet-build-32-5-kick-tail-unlimited-loaded-hubs-10s3p-first-battery-build/34341

1 Like

Oh the Glow in the dark dong board.

I missed the thread somehow.

1 Like

Yes, the glowing dong.

1 Like

Does anyone have any first hand of how and where to drill for phase wires for the least exposure and least damage to the integrity of the board. I can’t seem to find any close ups of that on any of the build threads for these decks. Specifically looking for something on the 35" at deck.

There are slots in the back of the compartment that can be used as guides for drilling holes. When I make holes in mine, I start with a really small guide hole (1/16”) and the. I work my way up to the size that I want little by little. This is a good way to get a clean hole. Also, starting with a really small pilot hole allows you you redo the hole. I hope that helps.
Are you looking at the 35” MTB Specifically?

2 Likes

What is this one? I can’t find it on your site.

1 Like

I whittled my integrated deck selection down to the ones that are easiest to make. I’ve got a deck + enclosure drop-deck coming very soon. I just need to find the time to finish it up.

7 Likes

It’s gonna be a while before i get to ride it, if I do at all- actually, no, I’m gonna kick it around manual for a while tomorrow. But the murder hornets sick. It’s wayyyy wider than it looks in pictures. 11 Inches throughout, give or take some mm.
But, honestly? This enclosure is what’s really doin it for me. Not the largest, it’s the single stack, but god damn is it nice.

1 Like

Yup the 35 at specifically. I actually messengered you with some weirdly specific questions about potential custom possibilities with these decks Also, you prob know who I am…

What size batteries fit in the integrated murder hornet easily?

12s2p 21700 seems to be the pack of choice for the ID Murder-Hornet. You have to stay of the smaller side with your ESC to make it work.