TIE/ad x1 evolution | Backpack MTB | Development Platform

Oh that makes sense. It would be cleaner looking too.

1 Like

My resourcefulness (read laziness) continues to shine through in my ability to upcycle the old battery packs. Voila! Balance leads I only need to connect to 5S JST plugs, ring terminals already pre-crimped.

2 Likes

Not finishing tonight, but this is my progress so far.

5 Likes

Some battle scars from my fall. Truly weird damage, would love to know how it all went down.

2 Likes

On the plus side the 8S ESCs still work, and that with my unfinished 10S LiFePO4 battery pack too!

2 Likes

Nice setup, if you find a way to go 12s lemme know, I can donate this bms, I bought it in error maybe after a beer or 3.

Daly Lithium bms battery pack protection board 12S lifepo4 36V 15A charge and discharge BMS with balance
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/FZBBMN5q

I’m fact you should be able to go 10s on it regardless, consider it a donate item

Just hit me up for shipping if you’re interested, it’s brand new

3 Likes

Thanks mate, that’s very generous! I’ll send you a PM.

1 Like

Started stripping the board and repairing damage. My soldering skills seem to have been lacking before, thanks again to the forum for helpful tips read here and there about pre-tinning and pouring in the heat and solder on big connections I’ve improved.

The first two photos are before & after shots, then some more cable repairs before PVC wrapping them. I probably need to get a heat gun for shrinking PVC at some point, as I’m a little apprehensive about using a hairdryer for some reason.

2 Likes

With the incoming Haero Bro, I’ll be sub-10kg. More details eventually.

3 Likes

It’s all coming together. A few more wires to solder and mount.

6 Likes

Some of you might be on to me by now. Just need to mount those better now so they’re 100% secure, and finish my truck top plate to replace the temporary solution I’ve got currently.

4 Likes

I found that a polyurethane @RipTideSports tunnel riser sawed in half works great for that

3 Likes

Appreciate your concern, but I’m not done, and they will be wrapped still. Thanks for the link!

Cheers mate, going with routing them between the truck bolts using washers as vertical spacing and an Alu plate on top for protection.

2 Likes

Preliminary wire wrap and MT60’s hard mounted. 1mm clearance between wrapped wire and motor cans, had to secure motor wires with zip ties to ensure they don’t touch.

7 Likes

Just got these unfinished top plates cut for my trucks. One on the back to protect the wires and possibly one on the front for symmetry.

It’s Alu flat bar, measuring 100mm x 60mm x 6mm (L x W x H) and only cost $8. Now I just need to round the edges, drill some holes and give them a splash of paint.

1 Like

Top plate and board complete, now just some more packaging work for the ESCs and I’m done!

8 Likes

Still figuring out final placement of the ESCs, but it all works!

8 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

This is the final electrical setup for now. I did a test ride last night, and on the board there’s no negatives being tethered to it.

Next I need to make a protective material cover for it, and make it easy to remove for days that I’m not esk8ing, so no zip ties.

My prototype bindings (not shown) needs adjustment and it was after 12am, so I didn’t change it and thus not riding today.

Also need to get used to the wired remote, as it has a lot of travel on the potentiometer and obviously feels quite different.

9 Likes