The battery builders club

Just something I will need to discuss with him. He wants it to be as easy as possible. But he may have room to move on it. Will see what eventuates and post results here :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

If your battery is already balanced then a failing charger “shouldn’t” break/overcharge anything unless the voltage of the charger somehow goes above the 4.2V per cell. You could consider attaching one of these power meters to the xt90 before it reaches the monster box so you can see the actual voltage being applied?

FT08 RC 150A High Precision Watt Meter and Power Analyzer w/ Backlight LCD
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/sLvWO4wvV

nah don’t worry @glyphiks. I had two groups with voltage of 0.1V lower than other 10 groups. Trampa charger charged quickly to around 50.1v and then took few hours to balance each group. at the end, every group was exactly 4.20v. you can monitor voltages easy on chargers display. it is really quality charger.

1 Like

Excellent. I spoke with the dude about it today and he is stoked. Im gonna wait to get everything before I decide on configurations… im thinking it will probably be easier to use 2 x 6s packs as I already have some 6pin waterproof connectors, and then just gotta figure out a way to get the B- wires in… maybe. Not sure. Maybe the big plug is the best. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

just take into account that 12s8p into Trampa box is about maximum that will fit. even that size is not so easy to push in. at first I had wrapped battery in blue heatshrink and that was too much to fit it, so I had to remove heatshrink. Granted, I put foam on top and bottom of battery, so that gives few mm of height.
you could make whole battery as a single block but still have 2x 6S (7pin) connectors wired out of it. you will just have to take care that they are connected in right order to charger.

1 Like

All wire wrap in these photos aren’t shrunk yet, just showing hot glued in positive mains.

After covering my packs with PVC wrap. As a newby to this, man this stuff burns through easily!

6 Likes

Looks good dude, did you consider putting some kind of padding/insulation over the terminals?

4 Likes

I didn’t, but then I can always add the padding in my pack. It’s tight in there though.

4 Likes

How are you going to attach the p groups and keep them modular?

Tldr?

2 Likes

Yes lol.

1 Like

good example of a terrible battery

3 Likes

Not terrible, thanks to
@Andy87
@ducktaperules
@Acido
@Flasher

And everyone else that contributes :heart:

17 Likes

Hi guys,
After some research, I just ordered these BMSs, on aliexpress. but could still cancel the order.
Does anyone have experience or knowledge about these?

12s 120A $65 +$15 shipping

12s 60A $25

6s-13s 80A $25 (already shipped)

Also, any experiences with Dickyho’s 10s 45A BMS?

The daly bmss have a very low balancing current, but othee than that they are solid :slight_smile:

Also I got a few 12s d140 i do not need if you want

2 Likes

How many people have had issues due to low balancing currents if they started with a balanced pack?

That would be lovely!

1 Like

What does a low balancing current mean?

This bms has 35mA while others like D140 have 130mA

2 Likes

What are the advantages/disadvantages of a low balancing current though?

http://liionbms.com/php/wp_balance_current.php

1 Like