The What Could Have Been : Flux|SC 60D|12s9p 50E|3Dservisas stuff

Too soon? I think maybe Lacroix and Flux can work out their differences, but in any case it’s not stopping me from putting this beast together!

I live exactly 37 miles from work, and I want to be able to do that commute on one charge and not be crawling by the end of it. So when I saw this big beautiful deck and enormous enclosure, I knew I had to have it!

Parts

Flux Deck and enclosure
12s9p 21700 battery with smart BMS
Stormcore 60D
3Dservisas V3 eco drives 1:4.2
3Dservisas FatBoy 320 hangers
MBS metal matrix 2 baseplates
TB6380 170kv motors
Infinity logger by WaveRX
Superstars with 8" roadies

You might be saying, “those dont look like superstars you poser!” Well they are not…I got rid of em, in fact they are for sale. 9" tires are just a bit too much for me. Have since switched to 8" way better feel in my opinion. It’s also very hard to find a better quality wheel then a good old Kenda 8"
Here are some pictures on the battery I built for this board

12s9p made with 21700 50E cells the cells are 5000mah, this battery boasts a monstrous 45Ah! The cells are rated at 9.8A and continues discharge and 15A pulse. I am running my set up at 90 battery amps. This provides enough torgue to get the 8" tires going pretty quick and up any hill I have available to me. My only complaint to the makers of the Flux deck and enclosure…is why not make the enclosure just a tiny bit bigger? 2mm on each side of those 4 tubs, would allow to fit 21700 cells comfortably. Now however in order to fit the battery I have to use a 1/2 gasket. @ReliantChris knows exactly what I am talking about. Still this is deffinelty not a deal breaker, and I love my big fat heavy board.

Will update this thread in the next few days…I dont actually have the storm core in there yet, it’s running on TB6 vescs, which are phenomenal, what an absolute game changer. When these become readily available, I honestly think everyone should be buying them I’ve been testing a set since mid last year it feels like. Smooth consistent performance, way to go @torqueboards, fantastic product! The 60D will be going in here, and I will be pitting it against the dual TB6s…the bar is set quite high in my opinion, hopefully it at least performs aswell. I will be getting mine on monday, along with the infinity logger, so will be testing both of these things.

Thanks for reading!

TLDR
Big range, heavy, love it. TB6 and Dex are the best!

47 Likes

How much ? :eyes::upside_down_face::penguin::chocolate_bar:

10 Likes

Just a solid all around, no compromise build. Love it man :100:

2 Likes

Awesome build, if I ever do a MTB style build in the future I’d look at this as inspiration

4 Likes

You cant afford this one homie :crazy_face: your GF would deffienlty kick you out!

11 Likes

Thank you! Wow! I’m flattered! All your builds are always so clean!

2 Likes

Likewise my dude, this build is clean, especially the battery!

1 Like

No wheel bite with the 9 inch tires?

Looks good man, nice work :ok_hand:

1 Like

None! The FB320s are a bit wider then MBS matrix 2s I think on Matrix hangers there would deffienlty be a bit of wheel bite

2 Likes

Holy crap 37 miles each way? That’s commitment! Nice solid build as can only be expected!
Purple bushings tightened to oblivion I’m sure

3 Likes

Ofc! Was gonna leave the bushings purple, but wanted to hide my noobines, so a bit or orange and red plastidip was employed :smirk:

2 Likes

And here’s me thinking i had a fair amount of range with 24ah😂 Awesome looking board my guy. looks the tits

4 Likes

Skyart be

9 Likes

BLACK??

5 Likes

Hahahahah! Yes very :rofl:

Sexy

The battery should be on display, it’s zenlike

Btw I’ll be running the same wheels and the SS drive but with different guts

3 Likes

Thank you! Thinking of doing one of those battery build threads for it.

4 Likes

How much was the build then? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
It’s these questions one likes to ignore I really like asking :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Really love this build! Maybe consider to get the new flux cut griptape, I think it would make the build even better :smiley:

1 Like

That comes on complete builds only.

2 Likes