The Truth, The Whole Truth And Nothing But The Truth (As Told By GillBordon)

Hey guys,

I know that a lot of you have been waiting for a statement from @BillGordon regarding the recent events here.

A full and unadulterated statement can be found here
https://github.com/FreeGillBordon/StanfordPrisonExperiment2

19 Likes

If somebody would be so kind as to screengrab and post here to make it easier to read would be much appreciated.

I have personal opinions to add here but no time to type right now.

I’m sure you guys will come to your own conclusions on how things played out now that you have a more complete version of events.

8 Likes

21 Likes

At this point in time I have completely lost faith in the current leadership team here at esk8.news

The way that this series of events has been handled over the past few weeks (and previously as well) leaves a lot to be desired.

As much as @longhairedboy likes to think that this is his forum and we need to play by his rules, I think that is fucking bullshit and we need to speak up about it.

This is our forum, filled with our content and funded with our money.

I couldn’t give two shits who holds the keys and calls themself a leader, the state of affairs here is fucking deplorable.

It is my suggestion that you guys read Bill’s version of events, compare them to what you have seen, read and felt on this matter and make your own decisions.

I recently slashed my Patreon donation from $15 down to $1 and will be going and cancelling that $1 now as well.

In regards to a new leadership team, I would really hope that @longhairedboy has the merit to hand the keys of this forum over to the community council until we can determine an appropriate and fair method of leadership here that doesn’t just fall onto the whim of one man.

The community council comprises of

@glyphiks
@rosco
@abusfullofnuns
@Venom121212
@ducktaperules
@Pedrodemio
@mishrasubhransu

I put this council together a couple of weeks ago when I noticed that things were getting a little out of hand in regards to our current leadership regime. The idea of the council was to be a sounding board for the leadership team, giving a well rounded perspective from the ground.

The last thing I want to see is this forum collapse. This forum has been a huge part of my life over the past year and I have invested a lot of time and energy into making it a great place. As have a lot of you.

If Damon wants to be the one and only leader of this place, then let him pay for it. Pull your patreon donations and think long and hard about who you wanna answer to if you are thinking about applying for a mod position right now.

/rant

23 Likes

Well i don’t really know if this is the place to tell my option but as the situation just took shape now for me, I will write it here.

I have not been member for long, even though I have been in the shadows reading. I don’t really contribute a lot in the community as I’m pretty much a noob and here there are esk8 lords and I don’t want to give advice in places I’m not 100% sure I’m right.

So from my “newcomer” point of view, I have to say that I can’t fit in my head how such and engaged community, with such nice people can have “teen-like” drama about a lot of shit. I don’t mean to insult anybody.

I’m not going to say anything more about the drama because I think it is pretty much explained at this point except for some concrete questions. And I want to talk about the future.

As we have seen, this mod system isn’t working and unless we change it radically, we will not see a solution in this. I’m very grateful for @longhairedboy that has created this forum but I think is time to let go and give the control to the community itself.

We have a pretty good rank system that gives us reputation in the community and shows the engagement in it, so let’s use it to take decisions. Close finish threads? An advanced vote system (I won’t develop on it here, I have tons of ideas, if someone it’s interested hit me up), ban people? Flagging.

Obviously we would need mods to see that everything it’s going smoothly but we can pick them by voting every 2 months and they would not have a lot of privileges, just enough to make everything run smoothly. And if someone voted doesn’t want to be a mod, it can delegate in other person of his choice.

The problem of my ideas it’s that there would need to be serious changes to de forum and to the code to make this happen and I see that very difficult.

And also that I just wrote a shitton of words without a real meaning nor objective, just to get it out there. (I know they’re not innovative and that probably a lot of people has thought the same as me but as I say I just wanted to get my thoughts out here)

5 Likes

So much this.

8 Likes

This.

And especially this.

19 Likes

Being Silent is still being guilty!

" I dont want this getting out"

Yeah, flag me, delete my post, delete my comments or whatever, but
@longhairedboy the user, not vendor, is an utter disgrace handled this situation in a very biased and disgraceful way even if there was no set precedence. Why would anyone want to be part of HIS admins or mods after this clear example of people trying to do the right thing and him being Overlord?

2 Likes

Let’s not let this turn to personal slurs. Everybody makes mistakes.

16 Likes

My apologies for stating what everyone else wants to. It’s okay I’m letting you guys do the fact-finding. This is my opinion of the facts that were found.

2 Likes

Oh boy…
Sooooo bills not coming back is he.

2 Likes

Why would he with the clear abuse of powers by a select few? Because he loves this forum and the community! Same reason he and @Zach put it all on the line to expose the bullshit. But I in no way see it being on Damon’s terms of silence/censorship in exchange for a mod/admin badge.

1 Like

No one speaks for Bill.

It the current climate, it doesn’t appear that he will.

2 Likes

Hmmm so the entire justification for leaking the info early is because LHB said “he didn’t want it getting out”.

And proceeded to leak it within 24hrs.

Had he waited a week to leak this shit he would have had actual evidence of a “cover up” instead of just a he said she said situation we are in right now.

Seems like a rushed emotional judgement to me…

Where these screenshots taken with bills permission?

2 Likes

Are those all screen shots from a conversation with someone else? who?

Why doesn’t bill post his own stuff? why is this posted on his behalf? now the context is suspect. feels like more pot stirring. some admins and some mods handled shit really wrong. it also sounds like theres’ a lot of teenage drama and social pressure giving people ethics tests that they really shouldn’t have to face in an esk8 forum.

FFS. whatever the real beefs are behind all of this you guys should work your shit out like adults. apologize for your parts in it and let us the esk8 community talk about esk8s.

6 Likes

It appears to be a conversation between Bill and Andrew.

Also looks to be edited but who knows.

1 Like

The text was initially a response to me. There are a couple of dick jokes that are omitted while Bill thoughtfully put together these points. It took a significant amount of time and emotional energy.

5 Likes

Just going off the Andrew dresner qoute in the messages… Again this is a he said she said game.

Why did they not wait more than 24hrs to at least have some evidence of a cover up?

That’s just negligent.

To be honest, I think it was Zach’s moral compass and wanting to be ahead of it causes the quick post. He was worried that Andrew was going to spill it. Whether that actually was going to happen is another discussion.

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

First, i need to clear some things up.

I was never a part of the mike and bill drama. i dont really care about any of that. I also didnt realize jamie was as involved in it as he was.

I wasnt involved in the mike and dave drama either and have no comment.

I didnt realize that expressing my feeling about what a disaster this would be if it got out was such a bad decision. we were all friends with a job to do helping to support each other. If im not allowed to tell my friends how much it fucking sucks to disclose this kind of thing without them literally closing thier ears for the remaining 90 minutes of conversation during which we clearly decided not to do anything at all until we had had more information, then ok, i wont do that again. And if during that time with his ears closed he couldnt hear me pounding my damned bench and repeatedly saying “fuck shit ok we have to tell people of course we do” then ok.

but here’s another thing:

this forum isnt a democracy. this forum is my property. in the beginning i was paying for all of it. i will continue to do so no matter how many of the patreon people reduce or eliminate their contributions. feel free to stop “voting with your dollar” because paying me to think a certain way isn’t going to get you the result you want. They arent bribes and they dont give you leverage. they are donations for hosting by people who want to help out. if you dont want to just help out, stop donating. I was hesitant to even do it in the first place.

people are paying to help with hosting so that they dont have to be assaulted with ads. Thats why they are paying.

im not making any money on this forum and it has hardly made any impact on my own board sales because i dont really use it as a platform to advertise. i didnt even have a vendor thread until recently. im losing money on this forum.

i have allowed lots of other people to make money on this forum.

i have never shown bias about a vendor until one of them started directly threatening me personally.

we tried numerous ways to allow the community to be involved in shaping this forum and i will continue in that tradition moving forward.

20-30 loud and dramatic users are not worth the trouble of losing sleep, losing freinds, losing staff, and losing my sanity. we have over 3500 other people here who dont care about any of this, theyre just trying to find a battery or an esc or a remote or sell thier stuff.

if the remaining staff would like to step down out of exaustion and mental stress, i would encourage them to do so. a forum on the internet is not worth killing yourselves over. i will be taking steps to expand the mod pool next week.

the witch hunts and excessive drama are going to end soon. i would encourage our users to please start flagging inflammatory and excessively dramatic , non productive posts in the public areas so they can be eliminated.

thank you all.

16 Likes