The Truth, The Whole Truth And Nothing But The Truth (As Told By GillBordon)

The only thing that I’ll add is that there was 18 months of zero logging. It was turned on and then turned back off by Mike. He had another bit of time before Damon turned it off. If this was actually true behavior, I’m sure it was more extensive.

Sorry guys.

6 Likes

Are you the new dictator?

4 Likes

I, unfortunately, will have to agree with this. I love bill and hold him in high regard, but lying about sending information out and just pulling the trigger based on “he didn’t want it getting out” seems very unbecoming of him. I would be proud of helping the community and bravely say that I have done it, rather than lying about it. I say this after having made the following statement a few days

But @longhairedboy, I recognize that it is human nature to protect ones friends but Mike clearly is not a stable or sane person. I am very disappointed in you for trying to defend him. Mike has no place on this forum, in any position of power. It’s my strong strong belief.

Another point that I would like to add is about Andrew. Which precedes the timeline that Bill provided. We have all seen the taunts/provocations/abuse that Damon was subjected to by Andrew and before any of the current events involving Mike, Bill happened. It first about letting Jason (enertion) having a platform to present himself here and secondly about business dealings with JeffWu(jeffwuneo) who was later found to be very shady and later turned into a full blown scammer. At that point at least half a dozen people were talking to Jeff Wu about different projects. Anyways. Damon tried to deescalate again and again but Andrews remarks grew more acerbic and at some point he got his first suspension etc. The timeline then continues from the main post. The point of saying this was that this abuse definitely had an impact on Damon taking Mikes side against Andrew. Having said that, I think Andrew mostly says the right thing (except about not giving Jason a platform here and about Jeff Wu - Damon stuff), but I don’t like the wording he chooses and the taunts he makes.

12 Likes

This sounds like meticulously crafted authoritarian language. I liked the old LHB who said “shut up and get along” better.

@glyphiks I’m still reLLY CURIOUS to know what was happening 2 weeks ago that prompted you to form an entire council of members in the case that this forum falls to pieces. Pretty hard to not imagine some sort of premeditation happening here…Not trying to conjure any more conspiracy theories but bruh, why would you do that?

6 Likes

Regardless of what happens and what will happen, I have to agree with Damon to a degree. He is the one that put in the time and effort and money to make this forum…he is the god here. It doesn’t make what he does right, but he can call any shots he wants.

Personally I am willing to suck it up and tolerate in order to have a forum that stays up and let’s me do eskate shit, I don’t want to play the mass exodus game again over this…what the fuck has happened to us

14 Likes

I agree with this, but

not with this.

Sorry @ZachTetra you’re also sort of a vendor now so it’s hard for me to assume your interests aren’t motivated by that. Don’t let that deter from the fact that I love you though

4 Likes

I think the Mike situation is totally fucked. I’ve tried engaging with that guy before and it’s never gone well IMO.

While I don’t agree with it I can understand why he was given so much slack, he’s been around on these forums much longer than most and for the most part has been a positive influence (except anything regarding Trampa).

It’s easy to say it never should have happened but up until 3 or so months ago I’d say his influence on the community was mostly positive.

Biggest thing I can hope for is that they’ve learned from this situation.

Couldn’t agree more with the rest post.

5 Likes

Alright, so I’m out of the loop here. Does this have something to do with a vendor here? I feel like its about mboards but I’m overlooking it.

2 Likes

0DD077D9-125E-4038-80B2-63D14D492D71

19 Likes

This is a very good point, the way I see it is that I am a guest here, I have been offered a chance to do something beneficial to me and the cost of that is following the ‘rules’, and to a degree I think that applies to us all. That doesn’t mean I like the things he does, it doesn’t mean I believe he is right…all it means is that I don’t want to make a fuss over anything that is not harmful to me

5 Likes

Hopefully you don’t treat all situations this way.
I get it I guess here on a forum tho.

8 Likes

The council was supported from a few different angles. The intention was to help be a sounding board for forum changes. We didn’t know that things were going to be turned on their head so fast. It is true that we officially requested some Mod rules be added to the rule book. This was done collaboratively with the mods/admins. Some took the council better than others.

At the same time as we were celebrating a good start, shit was going off the rails behind the scenes.

Al is not attempting to take control, but was the only one with the balls to link what Bill posted. He cares more than most of us combined. Solid dude with the community at heart.

10 Likes

for the record : this is getting really close to godwin point

1 Like

I feel like it’s a stretch but if you’re looking for Godwin’s law you’ll probably always find it.

7 Likes

This is the truest truth.

8 Likes

i was messing arround man, no offense meant

2 Likes

None taken

2 Likes

LMFAO

8 Likes

:wink: but nah, I’m out of the loop on this one without a full story.

1 Like

isn’t that common knowledge ?

6 Likes