The Truth, The Whole Truth And Nothing But The Truth (As Told By GillBordon)

I mean I had to Google it too

4 Likes

or itā€™s mainly an european thing, or iā€™m getting old, pick one :roll_eyes:

1 Like

My understanding is that you also prefer to keep it that way, right? The decision, of course, is entirely yours. However, making the forum (even) more democratic and less proprietary could perhaps also help to distribute obligations and responsibilities more evenly and reduce stress for moderators including you. It may also have disadvantages though, e.g. discussion could possibly be (even more) excesive and you would probably have to give away power to make the final decision(s). On the other side even the latter may sometimes be advantageous. Just something to think about perhaps.

6 Likes

The problem with democracy is that if enough people are present to vote at the time to let a bad thing happen, it will happen. Even if the total number of people who can express their opinion on it would be majorly towards the good thing.

Just let things tone down for a while, after all we just need a few more mods in, like, soon, and let the forum be

3 Likes

This kinda seems right to me too after watching this whole thing happen

4 Likes

It feels like there is nothing else we can do about it anyways.

four admins and even more moderators was pretty distributed. personally, i think we could have avoided this situation with fewer admins and even more moderators that care more about keeping this house clean than missions of social justice.

i tried. i tried to step back and let the teams and groups do their thing. this is what happened.

I was foolish enough to allow myself to be out of the loop on almost everything in order to convey a sense of balance of power. i wasnā€™t allowed to voice my opinion because i wasnā€™t involved enough. i couldnā€™t be involved enough because i hold the keys and thatā€™s somehow a conflict of interest. so effectively, i was forced to shut up and sit down because i started this place. how stupid is that? Iā€™m not a puppet king.

Thatā€™s exactly my plan. There will not be any more additional admins, but i feel like the mod pool needs to grow dramatically, possibly even beyond what we started out with. We have a few interested parties but I feel the timing right now would be bad. I donā€™t want people interested in being a mod because of the recent drama. We need people who genuinely feel that this place should be drama free, abuse free, scam free, and will only act to take aggressive measures after the facts are in. But i alos donā€™t need people trying too hard to find problems and play detective.

I need mods that donā€™t see boogeymen everywhere, treat new vendors well until the vendors fuck up, and wonā€™t take sides in stupid arguments and conflicts that ultimately donā€™t fucking matter at all when at the end of the day people just want to get advice on parts and build sweet rides.

This job requires a level of detachment that I was not completely comfortable with until this most recent incident. I have always tried to give the people what they want. I empathize with everyone on both sides of everything. That just doesnā€™t work here.

I will still stand by my original commitments when i started this forum to treat everyone well until they donā€™t let me. I will not show bias towards vendors, towards users, or towards staff. In spite of being a vendor myself. There has never been a perception here that i have ever manipulated the market in any way. I intend to keep it that way.

To know that, and to still hear people tell me iā€™m the wrong guy for the job, wellā€¦ they can get fucked. When the owner of the forum feels he has to ask permission to start his own vendor thread, something is wrong.

So iā€™m going to let this drama die naturally. Once it has, iā€™m going to wipe it all. Thereā€™s no reason to keep it. I donā€™t want more drama in the future and i donā€™t want old drama in plain view. Its not productive, has nothing to do with building boards, and gives everyone the wrong idea about what we want to happen here.

In the spirit of that, i will no longer bump this topic.

13 Likes

Is Gill Bordon remaining wiped as well?

Why are people calling him thatā€¦ lol

Bill will not be returning as an admin.

1 Like

Will he be able to return as a member?

What the fuckā€¦?

1 Like

13 Likes

He is a member. Heā€™s not silenced. Heā€™s just not participating.

The hype is real.

3 Likes

Starting to feel like Nazis Germany on this forumā€¦

3 Likes

Lol.

The fact that some of you feel that this is a power struggle and some sort of conspiracy is kinda to be expected in the current climate.

The idea of a community council came kinda organically through discussion in the forum adjustment thread, which can be seen here Forum Adjustments and Updates

The main reason I initially decreased my patreon donation can be seen here Patreon Happened

If any of you truly believe that I am involved in some sort of power grab here rather than just trying to reveal some truth in a shitty situation and protect the community from further shitcuntery, i can assure you that you are well and truly wrong.

@BillGordon was perhaps the biggest contributor to this site in ways that go unnoticed to many and to see him treated in this way, and then suspected to be lying about it, doesnā€™t sit with me at all.

The truth is there, make what you will of it.

I have been offered by Damon to see myself out, and thatā€™s exactly what I intend to do.

Itā€™s a shame because I really love this place and enjoy contributing and being a part of this community but I will not contribute further to this mess.

Take care cunts, much love x

16 Likes

Title checks out

3 Likes

Ahh fuck youā€™re gonna leave us too?

1 Like

No no he might have a point, Iā€™ve seen this before in Naruto.

2 Likes

Bill did lots of great things for this community and he will be sorely missed :frowning:. That being said he admitted to the lying part himself, it isnā€™t just a suspicion.

I would hope that he makes his way back. He made a mistake, fessed up to it, and was disciplined (probably a little aggressively). Itā€™s up to him now to try and correct his mistake and I personally donā€™t think hiding away is the best way to do so.

Everyone is human, everyone makes mistakes, what defines us is how we deal with the messā€™s we create.

Do you know if those pictures and comments where posted with his permission?

Was his intention for them to be posted for esk8.news members to see?

3 Likes

100% yes

5 Likes