THE ENERGIZED MONSTER (MTB build)

Planning my next build. Making this here so I don’t forget anything. If you happen to have something in my list you’d sell for cheap, let me know. Suggestions will be considered, I’m not used to making things that aren’t made for speed :joy:

Deck -MBS Colt 90 (have)
Battery - 4x TURNIGY 6S 5ah. Configured into 12s2p (have)
Enclosures -Pelican IM2050 for batteries and R20 for esc (have)
Trucks -ATS12 raw with idea 4.5 mounts (have)
Wheels -MBS rockstar with 8" T1 (have)
Wheel pullies -62T (have)
Motors -dual 6374 golden flipsky 170kv 10mm shaft (have)
Motor pullies -15T (have)
Esc -Stormcore 60D (have)
Belts -375-5m-15 (ordered)
Bindings -F1 (have)
Remote+receiver -mastercho gt2b (waiting to receive)
Charger -Tenergy 6s balance charger (have)

Goals:
light weight (compared to my speed demon)
10-20km range
40kmh top speed minimum but max torque possible to try out on tracks
Finally get to use my secret Santa gift

5 Likes

Don’t do that, even if you already have them.
Second time I need to tag @Venom121212 today :sweat_smile: he can tell you a painful story about those trucks.

4 Likes

Seconded this, I have a set of this style trucks that I have to “sit on” because of what I learned about them.

Might use them for some sub 20mph 3SK8’s but even that sounds sketchyyy

1 Like

Can not recommend sadly. They ride nicely like a hybrid skate mtb truck. Stable at speed until they snapped :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@Andy87 @Fosterqc @Venom121212
The ats12 are not the best. But I will make the best of em. They were part of my secret santa gift and I want to make honor to that gift :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Your glass is leaking

As far as remotes go. I prefer the trigger when offroading, thumb when roading. Seems easier to hold a level with the trigger when going over bumps. Less slippage

4 Likes

It’s a garbage found table I was having fun stripping the latex paint off of

3 Likes

Good to know. Might still buy the hoyt for the hell of it. I can always just buy a second gt2b receiver and use the one I ordered for both boards?

Actually, scratch that. If I go gt2b on both I’ll just buy a second gt2b. Got 2 marvelous cases coming from winnipeg

Had them slightly modified to try and add a component that wasn’t included in the original design

1 Like

Nice. Yeah just my two cents
Also when deciding on battery. Go 2x whatever your plans where. It’s gonna eat up watthours much quicker than you’re used to. When I ride my 9" Roadies on road I get maybe 40wh/mile on a cruise ride. Off road it’s way worse.

Unless you’re planning on jumping

4 Likes

Here’s where I intend to use it

4 Likes

hawt…

I have considered trying to find an acre of un-farmable (cheaper) land in my area to turn into a dirt track. Gotta convince the Wife first.

7 Likes

@Davewesh good luck :joy: the place I showed is a motocross track that allows boarders to use it when there isn’t an event happening. They only require you to be padded and sign a waiver stating “I break my neck, you’re not responsible beyond calling an ambulance”

2 Likes

They take a surpring amount of work to upkeep. The bike park near me has county employees out there constantly watering it down and sweeping.

Honestly cruising through the woods on mild to medium terrain is my favorite riding by far.

5 Likes

Watching this thread closely my goal is to do a mountain board this year. I

3 Likes

Placing this here so I don’t lose it

2 Likes

Batteries and charger figured out

1 Like

jeez that’s a loooong lipo

2 Likes

It was :joy: the funny thing is they could’ve easily stacked them. Just finished doing so.

1 Like

Those MBS ATS truck really don’t performs well on a 35° deck I tried and it was horrible to ride !

1 Like

Just gonna put yet another thing I don’t wanna fuck up :yum: