THE ENERGIZED MONSTER (MTB build)

Woot list updated. Man…over 6 months to build my speed demon but about 2 weeks for this one :joy:

Got my deck and Pelican case yesterday and got to work

Battery box is finished

Just need to figure out how I should mount it to the deck. Thinking I might just use the same technique as with my trampa (clevis pins)
Suggestions?

2 Likes

I use non slip car dash mats and strapes :stuck_out_tongue: Allergic to drilling holes onto decks

1 Like

4x coarse threaded m6 inserts, thick and wide rubber washers between deck and battery box. Cover the bolt heads or the whole bottom in thin foam so they don’t eventually contact your battery.

These are 3.5" diameter which is awesome but a bit thicker than I used.

2 Likes

I use velcro.
Here you can get 18cm wide velcro

My 5x6s lipos sit in a gopro case with velcro only, never had anything coming up.
My LiIon packs I add 2-4 m6 screws for back up safety, but I think it wouldn’t be necessary.

I can easy lift my board just pulling on the battery case without anything coming off.

Disclaimer: a 60km/h+ crash that option wouldn’t survive probably.

2 Likes

Yeah i like through bolts too. Old bushings work well as your washers if you’re not into pouring your own liquid rubber.

3 Likes

I just considered cutting down old bushings in half if I can’t find any nicely sized washers. Just makes too much sense. This dw2 deck has more curve to it than previous decks so I’ll need to use something thicker this time. You think urethane would release from a 3d print sprayed in mold release?

I think if you were happy to destroy the mold it would work fine :ok_hand: or just put plenty of draft on the mold if you want that nice pop.

I faced that issue with the madness build. I poured the urethane on the deck so that it followed the concave of the deck but still gave me a perfectly flat surface on top.

1 Like

I will try velcro. Ordered “velcro” brand outdoor extreme industrial strips. Apparently sticks on anything including brick and can hold 15lbs per strip. Hope I like it cus otherwise might need a new deck :joy:

Update of progress:

HOLY FUCK!! that shit ain’t going nowhere. Might add a strap for peace of mind but it’s solid. Thx @Andy87 for the suggestion

3 Likes

Switch installed.

Motors due to arrive today. Gonna have to make a opening for sensors

1 Like

Just to be clear you used Velcro to mount the case to the deck? I was planning on putting some bolts through mine but if Velcro is working… Id rather go that route.

1 Like

@Davewesh Yes I used industrial velcro. But it seems to be 50/50. My case isn’t flush with the deck so I might add a strap. Screws will mean I’m too lazy to remove em :joy:

Update
Motors arrived

Installed

Gonna have to find a solution cus my pulley is too close for comfort to my tire

Board almost finished otherwise

This is why I asked - I have the DWII, and I had thought my board was convex as with all the MBS Decks aside from the atom90.

1 Like

Custom foot griptape ordered. This monster energy theme is getting out of hand :joy:

Ordered a pair of straps for sanity

Can you widen the motor mounts at all? move the pulley further in the shaft and cut the shaft down. That’s what I would be trying to do.

1 Like

Not possible, it’s got a cage to hold them in an exact spot on the trucks

It’s an option I’m looking at. The key is pretty damn close to where I’d have to cut though. And I’ll have to figure out a way of cutting it cleanly with my Dremel. I have a tendancy of getting crooked results on round things :joy:

1 Like

understandable, hacksaw might be easier to keep tidy since it’s slow. Also loctite the key in the keyhole.

1 Like