Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

So…since you’re American and only 20, you are technically a kid. How much should I accept to sell you at?

I’m probably worth 7/13ths of a Lonestar

1 Like

So I should accept around 4/16th

That sounds about right

Any recommended Venom bushings to reduce speed wobbles on 50 degree Calliber trucks? Riptide aren’t easily available here in the U.K, a good selection of Venom are at least stocked by Skatepro.uk, so am looking to get them

I’d guess something with a 10mm ID. The ones in it are 12mm, and too big. If 8mm is too small to fit the axles, then the axles are probably 10mm by process of elimination.

In that case, you want 16100-2rs bearings.

Dunno about the rubber washer, but the spacer goes between the bearings (inside the wheel), and the speed ring usually goes on the axle between the hanger and the innermost bearing.

3 Likes

JayKay or BKB Duo? Super stealth or not but capable? $1650 isn’t always greater than $900? Potato tomato?

1 Like

Split angles will help avoid speed wobbles.
Randall 35 baseplate for rear truck?

I’ve heard I can use angled risers too, is there an angle I should go for since there seems to be quite a few option?

Less angle on rear truck will make it turn less when you lean which reduces chance of speed wobbles.

A zero degree truck won’t turn when you lean.

50 degree is pretty turny… :joy:

Search bro. Read the thread on split angles

1 Like

Do you need to be stealthy? Do you need range?

Do you have a need for a stealthy board with little range?

It’s not a needs based question, I just think both are cool offerings for different reasons.

/edit The “less capable” one is hella expensive even after discount though.

1 Like

I don’t need it. but man do I want it. it’s so stealthy. I think what I need is light for store trips. the carry through a store and still be able to carry what I’m purchasing aspect is what i like…

4 Likes

Please help!!
I ordered a Ownboard bamboo, it came DOA with a defective battery. Blah blah blah… Made a PayPal dispute, PayPal wants documentation that board is defective or a quote for repair.

Where do I go (in Chicago) to get a repair quote on a electric skateboard??
Called electric repair, gadget repair, bike repair :man_shrugging: no one knows what the hell I’m talking about!
Suggestions?? Also I have ten days!! Haha wtf

Film trying to use the board, whatever you can to get your point across. Mention that no service around takes electric skateboards and that’s about all you can do. Include conversations with ownboard if any, showing both of ya acknowledging the issue

2 Likes

What would be a theoretical ballpark number for a deck, battery (12s4p p42A) and enclosure that won’t take 5 months to be delivered?

This, plus it’s adequate range wise for 90% of trips just tooling around town. Down to the remote, it’s the most minimalist solution ever. Only thing to hold a candle is the Exway X1, but in comparison that’ll be heavy, and you’re stuck with the deck.

8AWG is almost never needed in 99.9% of esk8s

I don’t even use 10AWG anymore because it’s just overkill and adds weight imho (on most builds)

Anything but the most powerful racing and offroad boards probably don’t need that

1 Like

After trying that with ABS and kydex — I can fully recommend that if you’re not going to buy an enclosure, then go straight for DIY fiberglass. You won’t regret the decision…

the only question is which kind of fiberglass… which materials, which epoxy, vacuum bag or not… etc

Yes, thats what I opted for now. I made a mistake buying the fiberglass mat. So I will use the cloth for a better enclosure.