Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

What charging port does your board have? If the BMS even accepts 8A (not that bad if the input isn’t fused super low) the connector probably doesn’t support more than 5A, look into other connectors before you charge your board at those amperages.

The charging port is the stock one that comes with the 40 mile batttery from metroboard. The connectors that doesnt support 5a, Do you mean the connectors that connect the port to the battery or the port and plug?

Most likely that’s it then, after reading multiple topics about it and different replies to this topic.
I looked at it under acceleration and didn’t see any skipping, and subconsciously ruled it out because it didn’t skip under full throttle at standstill either. You’d expect it under high torque situations but it doesnt happen when those happen. Maybe its something to do with the traction control settings. we will know when I get idlers SOON :tm:

1 Like

If it’s the Metroboard X it has a DC barrel jack, which might be able to take it but it would get hot, I think usually the standard barrel jacks are 5A, idk if they have a bigger than normal one or not

yes…? The charger to the board.

Hard to say anything about the BMS without seeing the inside, and even at that it may be proprietary or potted

Could be belt expansion (it’s minimal I know) or speed that causes less tooth contact than slow speed

You’re most likely right, how impossible it might seem with the stiffness of the belts, the small circumference of that 12T pulley might be too little to round under high torque situations.

Either, 5.5mm connectors aren’t usually rated for more than 4 or 5 amps. It doesnt matter if the port or charger supports it, they both need to. I’d look into what that BMS and your cells can handle and then look at a new charging port or secondary charging port before you change chargers.

Oh ok, thanks!

Does anyone know how Maytech has their motor wires colored? From this photo it’s looking like 5V+, H1,H2,H3, temp, ground?

regarding the Metroboard 155’s:

1. which way are the treads oriented? does it matter?
  2. can you inflate them above 35psi?
  3. can I buy single replacement tubes?

According to their site, at least this hub motor is wired V+ - Temp - H1 - H2 - H3 - GND.

Thanks boss, got a hold of @Chibatterysystems already, he’s going to write something up to help me out.

1 Like

They have very little directional bias, doesn’t really matter.
Metroboard probably agree with that, since they have them in opposite orientations on the picture here.
The one the left is slightly better for wet, the one the right is slightly better for offroad. Doubt you would notice much difference though.

Running around 50psi on mine, no issues so far. Efficiency is still shit. :upside_down_face:

I think they’ll sell a single tire+tube if you buy the $30 handle and ask for a tire in the order notes.

2 Likes

Is there a known efficient pneumatic wheel?

The narrower the contact patch, the more efficient. Best wh/mile I got was on bergs.

2 Likes

road bike?

1 Like

Is there a known efficient pneumatic SKATEBOARD wheel? Like is it feasible to have a superlight pneumatic board? Like dual 5065 motors and 6x2 wheels with the baby 4.12 ESCs and maybe a 10s2p 21700 battery

For maximum efficiency you want the minimal contact patch possible. So like a 6x1 narrow scooter tire with a very rounded tire profile and a high pressure would be ideal.

2 Likes

So what I hear is just wrap the tubes in paracord…

From stormesk8 or ownboard