Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Bonus round… can I plug that bish into a step down converter and make lights :eyes: without blowin everything up :penguin::doughnut:

Doubt it, it’s a 5v 100mA rail if I remember correctly

Do you want a step down converter? I’ve got a 60ish volt input 5V output for 20A

2 Likes

Hmmm science time :smirk:

EDIT: I shall head your advice battery man… I’ll just hook her up to the batt :sleepy:

1 Like

that port is for the battery level indicator @ahrav

1 Like

Well shit, color me dumb

2 Likes

Fakkkkkkkkkkkkk that’s what was in there b4 now I see it :sleepy: :gun:

150mA ~300mA fused

3 Likes

@Chibatterysystems Do you know anyone in Chicago who can help diagnose/repair this brother’s prebuilt?

2 Likes

Hi guys, new user here and new DIYer. I’m gather parts for/planning my first build and I was wondering about what BMS to use? I know it’s been asked before, but specifically I was wondering how much the BMS you use matters? I’ve seen builds/posts with some generic BMSs like this one, but also some with better BMSs from companies like Bestech and SuPowerBatteries. Do I need to be overly concerned with which BMS I choose and go with one from Bestech or SuPower or am I alright with ones similar to what I’ve linked? I can include specs for what I intend to build my board with if that helps as well.

Personally, I’d go with a known trusted one, but one of the most important things is to make sure it has the balancing function on it. If not, then it’s kinda useless.

You also need to be aware of how much discharge current it can take if you are going to wire it for discharge, but most people on here do not.

3 Likes

damn. used that secret technique of looking at the unity schematic again. it’s like a super power. :smiley:

2 Likes

:doughnut: :wavy_dash: :dash:
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic .

:+1:t4: :+1:t4:

4 Likes

Maybe someone here knows the answer.

Setup: 12S6P 30Q battery with LTT Smart BMS set to 90A
2x Maytech 4.12 VESC | 40A battery, 80A motor limit
Ackmaniac firmware
2x Maytech 6355’s 170kv | 12T motor pulley
TB110 Wheels. | 36T wheel pulley

Everything rides fine, nice and punchy/ ample amounts of torque. But above 30km/h I kinda get cogging, almost as if a belt is slipping but it shouldn’t be because I’m already at speed.
It feels like one wheel is pulling harder than the other, and then the other one is compensating and vice versa, this only happens under acceleration above 30 km/h, maintaining 35 km/h when I have reached it for instance is smooth as butter.

Does anyone know what would cause this, I have thought about belt slip but that should only happen under high torque situations and I’m not hitting those, problem occurred after going from 15T to 12T on the motor pulley.

Is there an idler on your belt?

No, but my motor mounts allow for ample adjustment and I pulled the motor back enough for the the belt to be tight again after changing pulleys

Maybe the circumference around the pulley isn’t enough but it shouldn’t be an issue with this ratio.

I’m not sure a 12T motor pulley can work reliably without an idler…
I wouldn’t use anything below 15T and if you need a higher gear ratio, increase your wheel pulley instead.

1 Like

Yeah that was my thought too after reading some more on the forum, I would have changed to 44T pulleys with 15T motor pulleys but ordered the wrong wheel pulleys :man_facepalming:

My new motor mounts with idlers are on their way, but USPS is taking their sweet time after 2 months of not delivering.

tenor-1

1 Like

Ok so i have a metroboard 10s8p battery. I want to know if i can use a 8 amp charger with the charging port from metroboard and if the bms can even accept 8 amp charging. If the bms does accept 8 amps, do i have to replace the charging port from metroboard too?

1 Like

Honestly idk how you are even running it without an idler, I got skipping running 14T 40T on my old board non-idler .

It’s probably the belt losing traction